Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at JoS. A. Bank
- Sales Associate (19)
- Sales Executive (12)
- Department Manager (9)
- Store Manager (7)
- Assistant Manager (7)
- Keyholder (4)
- Assistant Store Manager (4)
- Key Holder (3)
- Management Trainee -- Planning (2)
- Keyholder/Manager's Assistant (1)
- Sales Manager (1)
- Commission Sales (1)
- Visual Associate (1)
- Merchandising (1)
- Management (1)
- Marketing Analyst (1)
- Management Trainee (1)
- Casual Sales Associate (1)
- Director of Facilities Maintenance (1)
- Third Key/Salesperson (1)
- Supervisor Keyholder (1)
- Third Keyholder - Commissioned Job (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Hampstead, MD) in November 2013.
I met with over 5 people to discuss the entry level position. The questions were fairly easy to answer, there were really no surprises. I thought the amount of people I met with was a bit excessive but the interview experience was not bad compared to some of the other places I interviewed with.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Hampstead, MD).
The interview process was very extensive. I spoke with the head of HR, each of the managers (4)in my department, and then the director of the department. It took an entire afternoon. They were focused mostly on "why retail" or "why is the candidate interested in a retail job"
- This position was entry-level, so they weren't really focused on technical questions. No questions were particularly difficult. Answer Question
No negotiating. There is a fixed rate for pay.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day – interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Hampstead, MD) in June 2009.
Telephone call from HR, in house interview with three separate members of merchandising/product development/sourcing.
- Why do you want to work for JOS.A BANK? Answer Question