JoS. A. Bank Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

1.9

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

Pretty simple. Just filled out the questionnaire online. Then got a call a few days later and interviewed in person. Just make sure you dress in a suit and tie cause that's what you'll be wearing when you're working.

Interview Questions

• 1. Is the customer always right?
      2. What do you do when its not busy?

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Pembroke Pines, FL).

Interview

Simple online application, two interviews, then background check and ready , also Information related to my experience and information of what I had to do in Jos A bank and my responsibilities.

Negotiation

Base plus commission

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

One interview with the regional manager. I was promoted within. I had already worked for the company for almost a year before given the opportunity to run my own store.

Interview Questions

• If you took over the store, what would be the first three things you looked at?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was quick. They gave an offer I said no way. They gave another offer and I accepted.

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

Sat with manager and was asked basic questions. Asked about previous employer, past experience. Given scenarios and asked how one would handle different situations. How would one deal with difficult customers? How would one work with a difficult colleague.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Online application and then the store manager looks at the application to see if applicants qualify for the position. Interview was a way for the manager to get to know the applicant and then the test of putting an outfit together.

Interview Questions

• Having to accept that you will be on your feet the entire time and having to work very long hours on the holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You may negotiate either you want to be paid on commission or be paid at a fixed pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Issaquah, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial application was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. It has since changed to something that takes about 5 minutes if you're slow. The old app was an hour long personality inventory.

Interview Questions

• It was so easy anyone could get hired   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

Initially, you visit the company's website and fill out an application for your prospective location. They give you a call to set up an interview. The interview is very laid back and asks common questions, they will not ask you any questions that you do not know the answer to. Post interview they will either offer you the job or get back with you later. If you're offered the job, they'll have you visit the floor and put together an attire that they provide the details for (type of event, what the particular customer likes and does not like, etc.).

Interview Questions

• They will not ask you any question that you do not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job has a base pay plus commission.

Management Trainee -- Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

I had a marathon interview process. I was interviewed by four people in one sitting. One of the interviewers was obviously not prepared to interview me, so that was a total waste of time. The other 3 asked pretty much the same questions in each interview. I started with an HR rep, then two of the people that I would potentially be working directly for, and finally a VP that didn't really ask anything pertinent. All four interviewers were nice, I just had no idea that I would be spending 20 to 30 minutes waiting in between interviews.

Interview Questions

• I had one exec asked me if I would be bored with the job because of my previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

Apply online, then take an online assessment .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days I had a phone call asking me to come into the store. I spoke with the Store Manager directly and they made time for the interview. Dressed in a suit I went for the interview at the store. The manager asked me a few questions and most of it was out of the ordinary. Towards the end of the interview I was given two suits and asked what I would put with them. They want to know if you can upsell a customer from just suits, to suits, ties, and other accessories. The staff themselves were relatively friendly and inviting and it was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer say was your weakest aspect?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. There was an hourly wage and a commission percentage that were given and I could take it or leave it.