JoS. A. Bank Interview Questions

2.0

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Simple online application, two interviews, then background check and ready , also Information related to my experience and information of what I had to do in Jos A bank and my responsibilities.

Base plus commission

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

One interview with the regional manager. I was promoted within. I had already worked for the company for almost a year before given the opportunity to run my own store.

Interview Questions
    • If you took over the store, what would be the first three things you looked at?   Answer Question
    It was quick. They gave an offer I said no way. They gave another offer and I accepted.

Sales Executive Interview

Sat with manager and was asked basic questions. Asked about previous employer, past experience. Given scenarios and asked how one would handle different situations. How would one deal with difficult customers? How would one work with a difficult colleague.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Online application and then the store manager looks at the application to see if applicants qualify for the position. Interview was a way for the manager to get to know the applicant and then the test of putting an outfit together.

Interview Questions
    • Having to accept that you will be on your feet the entire time and having to work very long hours on the holidays.   Answer Question
    You may negotiate either you want to be paid on commission or be paid at a fixed pay rate.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Initially, you visit the company's website and fill out an application for your prospective location. They give you a call to set up an interview. The interview is very laid back and asks common questions, they will not ask you any questions that you do not know the answer to. Post interview they will either offer you the job or get back with you later. If you're offered the job, they'll have you visit the floor and put together an attire that they provide the details for (type of event, what the particular customer likes and does not like, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • They will not ask you any question that you do not know the answer to.   Answer Question
    The job has a base pay plus commission.

Management Trainee -- Planning Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

I had a marathon interview process. I was interviewed by four people in one sitting. One of the interviewers was obviously not prepared to interview me, so that was a total waste of time. The other 3 asked pretty much the same questions in each interview. I started with an HR rep, then two of the people that I would potentially be working directly for, and finally a VP that didn't really ask anything pertinent. All four interviewers were nice, I just had no idea that I would be spending 20 to 30 minutes waiting in between interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I had one exec asked me if I would be bored with the job because of my previous experience.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Apply online, then take an online assessment .

no negotiation.

Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

I applied online and within a few days I had a phone call asking me to come into the store. I spoke with the Store Manager directly and they made time for the interview. Dressed in a suit I went for the interview at the store. The manager asked me a few questions and most of it was out of the ordinary. Towards the end of the interview I was given two suits and asked what I would put with them. They want to know if you can upsell a customer from just suits, to suits, ties, and other accessories. The staff themselves were relatively friendly and inviting and it was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous employer say was your weakest aspect?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. There was an hourly wage and a commission percentage that were given and I could take it or leave it.

Third Key/Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank in February 2014.

Customer service is key. Most people going into this will not know what they are doing. It will take most people about three months or so to really learn the product and have the possibility to hit commission. When you go to your interview, push all of your customer service skills. Also, before you apply, stop in the store and see if they needs people, and just how badly they do.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really get asked many questions. I presented all of my customer service history, and was a complete walk on for the store.   Answer Question
    I was able to get $9/hr. That is the company maximum for this position. All in all, is just isn't worth the money.

Sales Associate Interview

Not bad. Just talked to one of the managers for an hour or so.