JoS. A. Bank

JoS. A. Bank Keyholder Interview Questions

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank in November 2012.

I applied online at their website. I originally applied for a Store Manager position. I never received a response about it so I moved on. Around a month later I received an email asking me to apply for a keyholder position. I applied and a day or two later I received a call from the store manager and set up an interview. During the interview we went through the normal stuff such as work history, experience, etc. Just normal interview questions. The position, really all the positions are about selling clothes. So he asked if I'd be willing to go onto the salesfloor and demonstrate upselling to him. He picked out a sport coat and asked me to sell him more. So I picked out a pair of pants, shirt and tie that coordinated with the jacket well. We finished up the interview and he offered me the position. I told him I'd need a few days to think about it and would get back to him. I did not take the position. The starting pay was too low. To earn more you have to meet a sales goal and then you earn commission, anywhere from %5-%7.

Interview Questions
  • He took me on the sales floor and asked me to sell him some clothes. I picked out an outfit that went well with the jacket he selected. I asked him a few questions to see what he wanted the jacket for and went off that decide what the outfit would be.   Answer Question

The pay rate was $9.25 per hour, full time. Once you reached a personal sales goal you earned commission anywhere from 5-7 percent.

Other Interview Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank in October 2011.

The interview process was totally rinky-dink . . . i should have been tipped-off by the lack of in-depth questions and discussion. I was never asked about my extensive background in the industry or what my plan was for the future. I had one 15 minute interview and I was hired. Candidates should be wary of a hiring approach which is simply intended to bring warm bodies into play for a few months until they quit in total frustration and humiliation.

Interview Questions
    The hiring manager promised a "hourly training rate", which he did not honor. There was no negotiation whatsoever, only a double-cross on the part of the company regarding compensation/hourly rate. Unless you don't mind working like a slave, in a suit or sport coat, for "burger flipped wages", look elsewhere. You'd be only wasting your time because you'll not find advancement opportunities or sustaining income at Jos. A. Bank. Only a terrible sense of being taken advantage of and cloying feeling of senselessness in the job overall.

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank in May 2010.

I recieved more out of the on-line than in-person with the company. They called me right away after they got my information. However the position I applied for was not even being offered.

Did not trust them after all.