JoS. A. Bank

JoS. A. Bank Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Not bad. Just talked to one of the managers for an hour or so.

Other Interview Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

The store manager explained what she expected of me once I got hired. It was almost like a new employee orientation. However, I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank in June 2013.

The applications are online, so don't bother going into the store to find out if they are looking for anyone. Once I finished the application, I was called by the GM a few days later. The interview was very straight forward and more informational.

Interview Questions
    • How many suits do you own and which one is your favorite and why.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank in May 2013.

I went in the store to buy a tie. I talked to the manager and she asked me to apply online. I did and got a call a day after. She called me in for an interview. I didn't get the job. It was 108 degrees, but I should have worn a suit.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank in February 2013.

Super easy and laid back interviewing process. The manager actually forgot that he called to even have me come in and speak with him. So when I showed up he was surprised, it took probably about 10 minutes for the whole interview. He mainly wanted to know about your background and experience. since its retail they also want to hear things like what you would do on slow days or on other people's up's. Pretty basic overall.

Interview Questions
    • You have 1 minute to put together 3 different suit looks begin!   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

During this process they were very friendly and the interviewer who ending up being my manager after being hired was a very polite and great lady. The interview was great and had me excited to work. The movies that trained me at the store were very boring but had a lot of information to them that ended up being very important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank in December 2012.

I applied online and received a phone call 4 weeks later. It was quick and easy! That was a warning....

Interview Questions
    • Manager asks, "Why are people leaving?"   View Answer
    There weren't any negotiations. He said all he could pay was $8.00 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank in November 2012.

Applied on line, was called by the manager and had an interview at a table in the food court of the mall. Not much details, he said that he was opening the first Jos A Ban factory outlet store in Michigan and wanted to put together a great "tem". He didn't even know which was the hourly pay. He thought it was $8.00, instead it was $9.00.

Interview Questions
    • Non difficult questions, the guy didn't seem a miracle of intelligence.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take the hourly pay or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grosse Pointe, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grosse Pointe, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank in September 2012.

Manager was very friendly

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a position in which you were expected to exceed sales goals and were you able to complete them   Answer Question

Low pay

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank in May 2012.

I was told to apply online as they were hiring at the time. I got called in the next day for an interview and that was it.