JoS. A. Bank

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlottesville, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in May 2013.

Interview Details – I went in the store to buy a tie. I talked to the manager and she asked me to apply online. I did and got a call a day after. She called me in for an interview. I didn't get the job. It was 108 degrees, but I should have worn a suit.

Interview Question – Nothing. They were all Pretty benign questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was told to apply online as they were hiring at the time. I got called in the next day for an interview and that was it.

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in October 2010.

Interview Details – Questions in the store.

Negotiation Details – not really a phase -

Monroe, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in June 2013.

Interview Details – The applications are online, so don't bother going into the store to find out if they are looking for anyone. Once I finished the application, I was called by the GM a few days later. The interview was very straight forward and more informational.

Interview Question – How many suits do you own and which one is your favorite and why.   View Answer

Interviewed at JoS. A. Bank

Interview Details – Not bad. Just talked to one of the managers for an hour or so.

Interview Question – Not too many difficult questions. Mainly behavioral.   Answer Question

Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview Details – The store manager explained what she expected of me once I got hired. It was almost like a new employee orientation. However, I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in February 2013.

Interview Details – Super easy and laid back interviewing process. The manager actually forgot that he called to even have me come in and speak with him. So when I showed up he was surprised, it took probably about 10 minutes for the whole interview. He mainly wanted to know about your background and experience. since its retail they also want to hear things like what you would do on slow days or on other people's up's. Pretty basic overall.

Interview Question – You have 1 minute to put together 3 different suit looks begin!   View Answer

Grosse Pointe, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in September 2012.

Interview Details – Manager was very friendly

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a position in which you were expected to exceed sales goals and were you able to complete them   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on line, was called by the manager and had an interview at a table in the food court of the mall. Not much details, he said that he was opening the first Jos A Ban factory outlet store in Michigan and wanted to put together a great "tem". He didn't even know which was the hourly pay. He thought it was $8.00, instead it was $9.00.

Interview Question – Non difficult questions, the guy didn't seem a miracle of intelligence.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take the hourly pay or leave it.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call 4 weeks later. It was quick and easy! That was a warning....

Interview Question – Manager asks, "Why are people leaving?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There weren't any negotiations. He said all he could pay was $8.00 per hour.

Interviews for Top Jobs at JoS. A. Bank

Worked for JoS. A. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

JoS. A. Bank – Why Work for Us?

As one of the nation’s premier clothiers, our reputation for beautifully made, classically styled, tailored and casual clothing has earned us the trust and confidence of generations of customers. Our team members are… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JoS. A. Bank Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by JoS. A. Bank employees and interview candidates.