JoS. A. Bank

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview Details – Online application and then the store manager looks at the application to see if applicants qualify for the position. Interview was a way for the manager to get to know the applicant and then the test of putting an outfit together.

Interview Question – Having to accept that you will be on your feet the entire time and having to work very long hours on the holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You may negotiate either you want to be paid on commission or be paid at a fixed pay rate.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in October 2012.

Interview Details – Must send up application on line. Called within a week for an interview. Met with the store manager. Call back within a couple of days with an offer and a start date. Training lasted for about 3 weeks and lacked sufficient thoroughness even though that was plenty of time to be thorough. Managers could careless about helping you.

Negotiation Details – Just told what expected earnings would be and about the draw that was to be paid back and beyond that would be commission earned.

Sales Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview Details – Initially, you visit the company's website and fill out an application for your prospective location. They give you a call to set up an interview. The interview is very laid back and asks common questions, they will not ask you any questions that you do not know the answer to. Post interview they will either offer you the job or get back with you later. If you're offered the job, they'll have you visit the floor and put together an attire that they provide the details for (type of event, what the particular customer likes and does not like, etc.).

Interview Question – They will not ask you any question that you do not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The job has a base pay plus commission.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview Details – Apply online, then take an online assessment .

Interview Question – Not really any, it's not rocket science.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Interviewed at JoS. A. Bank

Interview Details – very simple interview I was asked all questions about my experience and customer service.

Interview Question – What was worst customer service question   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in August 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call for an interview, then I went in. It was a very easy interviewing process. I was asked some questions, then had some questions for them. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Flemington, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was basically just a meeting with the regional manager. After I impressed him I was good.

Interview Question – How do you think your previous job experience can help you to diversify our sales team?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in December 2010.

Interview Details – -Fill out application
-Interview asking basic questions

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult customers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – -No retail experience= no negotiating

Sales Executive

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – interview was about an hour, received offer a few days later

Negotiation Details – was given an offer and accepted

Interviews for Top Jobs at JoS. A. Bank

Worked for JoS. A. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

JoS. A. Bank – Why Work for Us?

As one of the nation’s premier clothiers, our reputation for beautifully made, classically styled, tailored and casual clothing has earned us the trust and confidence of generations of customers. Our team members are… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JoS. A. Bank Sales Executive interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by JoS. A. Bank employees and interview candidates.