JoS. A. Bank Sales Executive Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.9

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

Sat with manager and was asked basic questions. Asked about previous employer, past experience. Given scenarios and asked how one would handle different situations. How would one deal with difficult customers? How would one work with a difficult colleague.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Online application and then the store manager looks at the application to see if applicants qualify for the position. Interview was a way for the manager to get to know the applicant and then the test of putting an outfit together.

Interview Questions

• Having to accept that you will be on your feet the entire time and having to work very long hours on the holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You may negotiate either you want to be paid on commission or be paid at a fixed pay rate.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

Initially, you visit the company's website and fill out an application for your prospective location. They give you a call to set up an interview. The interview is very laid back and asks common questions, they will not ask you any questions that you do not know the answer to. Post interview they will either offer you the job or get back with you later. If you're offered the job, they'll have you visit the floor and put together an attire that they provide the details for (type of event, what the particular customer likes and does not like, etc.).

Interview Questions

• They will not ask you any question that you do not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job has a base pay plus commission.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

Apply online, then take an online assessment .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

very simple interview I was asked all questions about my experience and customer service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Saratoga Springs, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

pretty fast and straight forward. applied online first, then waited about a week. then called them inquiring about my application . they asked me to came in for an interview the next day. the next day i went in for the interview, they called me two days later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Must send up application on line. Called within a week for an interview. Met with the store manager. Call back within a couple of days with an offer and a start date. Training lasted for about 3 weeks and lacked sufficient thoroughness even though that was plenty of time to be thorough. Managers could careless about helping you.

Negotiation

Just told what expected earnings would be and about the draw that was to be paid back and beyond that would be commission earned.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flemington, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Flemington, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was basically just a meeting with the regional manager. After I impressed him I was good.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous job experience can help you to diversify our sales team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank (San Francisco, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

-Fill out application
    -Interview asking basic questions

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

-No retail experience= no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I got a call for an interview, then I went in. It was a very easy interviewing process. I was asked some questions, then had some questions for them. I was hired on the spot.