Job News

Job News Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Job News in September 2011.

Received a phone call, had a phone interview, set up one on one face to face interview. Later received another phone call and met with her again, and she showed me the office, introduced me to employees, and afterwards we discussed the job in more detail and she offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    There was not much negotiating the compensation was already set, but was told that there would be a pay increase of $.25 at 90 days depending on performance.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Job News in March 2008.

Started out with a basic interview with my general manager. He just asked a few things about me like where I'm from, where I went to college, etc. Then he explained the position, their expectations, and the compensation plus benefits. After the initial interview, I came back a week later and met with the general manager and a regional manager. This interview was a bit more difficult because they began asking questions like, "Tell me a time when you wanted to quit something." -OR- "Explain a time when there was a problem and you had to resolve it on your own." A few situational questions. At first, I was nervous but midway through the interview I could tell that they liked me and things were going well, so I relaxed a little bit. Overall, fairly easy interview process. I also had to take a written quiz/test. It consisted of a list of words that and you had to check words that you felt a leader should possess and check words on another sheet that you feel you possess.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It was my first job out of college. I was just happy to have a job.

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Job News in May 2010.

Recruited by a Manager within the company. Set up interview within two days of intial contact. Met with SR. VP of region, lots of really good questions from a canned presentation. Very honest and forthright about pay structure and oujtlook. Clean, professional office,

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, pay is what it is, but because it is salary with commision, it was well excplained and given to me in writing.