Jobvite Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.8

Executive Team Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jobvite (San Mateo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter set up my interview with Veena and Sophia. I arrived at the building 10 minutes early to the interview. Jobvite has a space on the third/fourth floor of the building. My interview was early in the morning, the doors weren't open yet so I waited for an employee to come by (luckily it was only a few minutes until someone came). I was placed in a conference room where both interviews were held. Then I had a quick tour of the office before I left. Overall, great people and wonderful work space. I greatly enjoyed the atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• If one of the C-level officers needed his entire team and a conference room accommodating 15 people for an hour, how would you go about this? All conference rooms are full and his team has other meetings already scheduled. You are given a half hour notice.   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jobvite (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with my potential boss. Then he brought me to HQ to meet the leadership team and see the office. I had an offer letter the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that you will be successful selling Talent Acquisition Software since your background is not in this space.   1 Answer

Strategic Accounts Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jobvite (San Mateo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I flew into San Francisco for my final interview which was primarily with the Exec team. Seeing the energy and culture of the office had a huge effect and I spent 45 minutes with 5 key leaders discussing this newly created role. I found each person dynamic, extremely sharp and full of thought-provoking questions. As an added bonus each of them came to the interview in their Halloween costumes. I was in final consideration for leadership roles with two global corporate companies but after my experience at Jobvite I knew this was the home for me. There's no better place to come in and make an immediate impact while working with an extremely motivated group of your peers.

Interview Questions

• If you had to define your professional career to a basketball player who would it be and why?   1 Answer

Customer Success Advocate Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jobvite (San Mateo, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied to the position on a Monday, received a response within 2 days, for a video interview (totally cool and a little intimidating!).
    Within a few days received a request for a face-to-face interview that next Monday, and received an offer on Wednesday! Hired by Friday, started 2 weeks later!

Interview Questions

• Overall the most unexpected question I received was who would I invite to a party, living or dead, - name 3 famous/infamous people. I hadn't heard that one in an interview before, more along the lines of social profiles which is why it intrigued me.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jobvite.

Interview

The process began with a recruiter phone call. Then a phone interview with the Director of Engg who asked me some coding questions on collabedit. Then another phone interview with a Senior Architect. Then I was asked to come to their office. I met the Director again. He asked me some architecture questions and a coding question. The coding question wasn't easy and we were at the end of the interview. So he asked me to email him the answer. Then I met with 3 other engineers. Engineer 1 was decent - lots of recursion questions which I answered. Engineer 2 - he was more of an architect who asked a lot of design oriented questions. Engineer 3 - this guy was very inscrutable. You just couldn't read emotion on his face. He asked a lot of uncomfortable fit-type questions. He asked a coding ( sorting ) question and didnt even bother to have dialogue as I implemented it. He bluntly told me that my implementation did not meet the requirements. After this interview, I met the recruiter. I made it clear to the recruiter that the last interviewer was not exactly polite.

A few days later, I was asked to come back for a second round. But by this time I had accepted another offer with an easier commute.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of positive and negative numbers find the max subsequence ( only the value ) in the array.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jobvite in March 2014.

Interview

Completed a video interview, phone interview, and an assessment and then never heard anything back, it has been two months. I was optimistic about this company but have lost faith in them.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard and nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jobvite.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed on-site - the process took about 3 weeks.

I connected with a recruiter almost immediately after I applied. The initial conversation was casual, but informative - Jackie did a great job describing the position and painting the culture at Jobvite.

The next step was a phone screen (another great call learning about the opportunities at Jobvite) and then I was invited for an on-site interview. I met with many of the senior executives, including the CEO, which was a pleasant surprise to see that all levels of the organization was part of the hiring process, then took a quick tour of the office space, and left with a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard, but trying to read and gauge the interviewer was a bit of a challenge at times.   Answer Question

Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jobvite (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

Recruiter was good until the face to face interview got completed. After that he was incommunicado until i sent a mail. The feedback was everybody liked me and only had good things to say.

Company and interviewers were all good. But i had to go to face-2-face for 2 days which was a drag. Also, 5 directors interviewed me....in total 11 people. This makes no sense unless i am a hire with cross team responsibilities, which i was not.

Also, it took them more than 3 weeks to get back to me to let me know they are opting for another candidate. I guess the issue might have been that i was a little overqualified for the position and was asking for above average salary.

The only issue i have is that i feel they wasted my time since they knew from the beginning my qualifications and salary expectations.

But the company folks and products are good.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. I was able to answer all the questions that was asked.   Answer Question

Jobvite Response

Jan 27, 2014Recruiting

We strive to be transparent with candidates during our interview process. We are committed to hiring the best qualified candidates for our open positions and to some, it may feel like a lengthy ... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jobvite (Burlingame, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

This place is awesome from the phone screen to the on site. This team has there act together. I have to click no to an offer as I haven't been given one yet. The folks at jobvite make you feel good about start ups and what they are doing. I could write for days about this process because they do such a good job, the recruiter I worked with at Jobvite was very upbeat and gave positive feed back and plus responded to my thank you follow up email.

Interview Questions

• This one is funny, was a great set of interviewers but the hardest question was asking my post interview questions up front as we kicked off the last interview, not hard just different and I loved it,   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jobvite.

Interview

There really isn't any way to prepare for an interview here. You could have a successful track record in the space, with 10 years of experience, but if the 15 minutes you spend answering the CEO's seemingly random and nonsensical questions doesn't jive, you're done. I literally LOST money interviewing with this place.

I understand why a company this small would want the CEO involved with the hiring process, but limiting your talent pool based purely on the CEO's "gut feeling" of a candidate is ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions from the team that were actually tied to the business - Random and cryptic questions from the CEO.   1 Answer

Jobvite Response

Jul 11, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you spent interviewing with us for an account executive position at Jobvite. There are many factors that we consider when hiring the right person ... More