Jobvite

Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.8

Customer Success Advocate Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jobvite in September 2014.

The process was very quick. I applied to the position on a Monday, received a response within 2 days, for a video interview (totally cool and a little intimidating!).
    Within a few days received a request for a face-to-face interview that next Monday, and received an offer on Wednesday! Hired by Friday, started 2 weeks later!

Interview Questions
    • Overall the most unexpected question I received was who would I invite to a party, living or dead, - name 3 famous/infamous people. I hadn't heard that one in an interview before, more along the lines of social profiles which is why it intrigued me.   Answer Question

Senior/Principal Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jobvite.

The process began with a recruiter phone call. Then a phone interview with the Director of Engg who asked me some coding questions on collabedit. Then another phone interview with a Senior Architect. Then I was asked to come to their office. I met the Director again. He asked me some architecture questions and a coding question. The coding question wasn't easy and we were at the end of the interview. So he asked me to email him the answer. Then I met with 3 other engineers. Engineer 1 was decent - lots of recursion questions which I answered. Engineer 2 - he was more of an architect who asked a lot of design oriented questions. Engineer 3 - this guy was very inscrutable. You just couldn't read emotion on his face. He asked a lot of uncomfortable fit-type questions. He asked a coding ( sorting ) question and didnt even bother to have dialogue as I implemented it. He bluntly told me that my implementation did not meet the requirements. After this interview, I met the recruiter. I made it clear to the recruiter that the last interviewer was not exactly polite.

A few days later, I was asked to come back for a second round. But by this time I had accepted another offer with an easier commute.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of positive and negative numbers find the max subsequence ( only the value ) in the array.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jobvite in March 2014.

Completed a video interview, phone interview, and an assessment and then never heard anything back, it has been two months. I was optimistic about this company but have lost faith in them.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard and nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jobvite.

I applied online and interviewed on-site - the process took about 3 weeks.

I connected with a recruiter almost immediately after I applied. The initial conversation was casual, but informative - Jackie did a great job describing the position and painting the culture at Jobvite.

The next step was a phone screen (another great call learning about the opportunities at Jobvite) and then I was invited for an on-site interview. I met with many of the senior executives, including the CEO, which was a pleasant surprise to see that all levels of the organization was part of the hiring process, then took a quick tour of the office space, and left with a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard, but trying to read and gauge the interviewer was a bit of a challenge at times.   Answer Question

Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jobvite.

Recruiter was good until the face to face interview got completed. After that he was incommunicado until i sent a mail. The feedback was everybody liked me and only had good things to say.

Company and interviewers were all good. But i had to go to face-2-face for 2 days which was a drag. Also, 5 directors interviewed me....in total 11 people. This makes no sense unless i am a hire with cross team responsibilities, which i was not.

Also, it took them more than 3 weeks to get back to me to let me know they are opting for another candidate. I guess the issue might have been that i was a little overqualified for the position and was asking for above average salary.

The only issue i have is that i feel they wasted my time since they knew from the beginning my qualifications and salary expectations.

But the company folks and products are good.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. I was able to answer all the questions that was asked.   Answer Question

Jobvite Response

Jan 27, 2014Recruiting

We strive to be transparent with candidates during our interview process. We are committed to hiring the best qualified candidates for our open positions and to some, it may feel like a lengthy ... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jobvite in July 2013.

This place is awesome from the phone screen to the on site. This team has there act together. I have to click no to an offer as I haven't been given one yet. The folks at jobvite make you feel good about start ups and what they are doing. I could write for days about this process because they do such a good job, the recruiter I worked with at Jobvite was very upbeat and gave positive feed back and plus responded to my thank you follow up email.

Interview Questions
    • This one is funny, was a great set of interviewers but the hardest question was asking my post interview questions up front as we kicked off the last interview, not hard just different and I loved it,   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jobvite.

There really isn't any way to prepare for an interview here. You could have a successful track record in the space, with 10 years of experience, but if the 15 minutes you spend answering the CEO's seemingly random and nonsensical questions doesn't jive, you're done. I literally LOST money interviewing with this place.

I understand why a company this small would want the CEO involved with the hiring process, but limiting your talent pool based purely on the CEO's "gut feeling" of a candidate is ridiculous.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions from the team that were actually tied to the business - Random and cryptic questions from the CEO.   View Answer

Jobvite Response

Jul 11, 2013Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you spent interviewing with us for an account executive position at Jobvite. There are many factors that we consider when hiring the right person ... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jobvite in January 2013.

I see Jobvite everywhere so I decided to apply to the company. System is easy to use and I got a response the next day after I applied. Very interesting company. Growing and lots of interesting projects going on. The recruiter is very upfront about what the company is looking for, the skill sets they need and the culture at Jobvite. I loved the take it or leave it attitude. Jobvite is one of those companies about to pop. They are clearly doing well and it was a pleasure to be phone screened for a position at Jobvite.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jobvite.

Received a brief programming test and filled it out. Solutions were a bit of a challenge, but relatively straightforward. Was brought in for on-site interviews, met with many members of the team who talked about, variously, software development principles, current frameworks, my experience, their work environment, my goals & career plan. Took ~4 hours in all. Was brought in to meet CEO as final step. Time-to-offer, ~3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • A question about how to implement a particular behavior in AngularJS.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Jobvite.

I applied online and received a call within 2 weeks. The process was smooth at first and the interview team was full of smart people who were helpful. I didn't hear from them for 2 more weeks and didn't get a reply when I sent a follow-up note. I decided to take the offer that I had in hand.

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to be an entrepreneur? I said "in a few years". I was asked that by 2 people. Also, the standard: Do you want more equity or a higher salary.   Answer Question