Joe's Crab Shack Server Interview Questions & Reviews

1.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in July 2014.

I applied online and called 3-4 times then was interviewed by an assistant manager then the GM and was hired. The training was extensive, from how to talk to tables, to how to prebus, to how to do the dances.

Other Interview Reviews for Joe's Crab Shack

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in June 2013.

You have to call them to set up an interview. Put application in online, then call the store. They will not call you. Most jobs you get a call. I called them and had an interview next day. Two days later I had a second interview and was hired on the spot. They are ALWAYS hiring because Dave gets fire happy from time to time. He is ALWAYS understaffed.

Run away...

Anonymous Employee  in  Woodbury, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in July 2014.

I was called by a host and asked to come in for an interview that day, which was perfect! I met with the host/hostess manager and we sat outside and he gave me three scenarios and asked me how I would deal with them. They questions were tough, but I apparently did well. When on this interview, think about some of your best and worst experiences and remember to keep the customers happy.

Interview Questions
    • What wold you do if a party was drunk and rowdy and the table next to them complained?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Peters, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in July 2010.

I walked into Joe's Crab Shack in the summer and filled out an application at the bar and I was hired right on the spot and started work the next day. Best interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is why would you want to work here. Since I am so high energy that is an easy answer. Most people would not know what to answer when considering why you want to serve or clean up food. As long as you like being around people and can enjoy yourself then this question will not stump you, but if you are just looking for a job to have a job don't even try Joe's because they dance and have fun. This is a place for upbeat workers.   View Answer
    The only negotiation I have to make was hoping that the restaurant would work with my school schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in January 2011.

Its's more of a personality quiz which is great because you need an outgoing fun personality to work there.

Interview Questions
    • My most unexpected question was "Are you open minded to weird things and people?"   View Answer
    Can you start tonight?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hanover, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack.

It was very casual and brief because the store was opening and they seemed to be short on time.

Interview Questions
    It was a serving job, not much negotiation to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in January 2012.

the hiring process was stupid i walked in and we didnt even talk about the job and how id handle things it was a hey how are you doing hows gymnastcs is it fun. hiring process was crap i asked more questions than they did.

Interview Questions
    • none it was easy and stupid my nephew could have got the job and hes not even 2 years old   Answer Question
    dont take it unless you are a cute female you will get away with anything

Server Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack.

Easy interview, what do you offer the company, how can you help motivate the team, past experience

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kemah, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kemah, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in March 2012.

I went in to the Human Resources building of the Kemah Boardwalk, and filled out an application. The application included all of the basics like your work history, hours available, and that sort of thing, as well as the establishments within the boardwalk you would like to work at. Once I turned it in, I was told that Joe's was interviewing at that very moment and to head on over.
    The manager saw me right away and sat down with me at a booth and interviewed me for a total of 5 minutes before "hiring" me on the spot for orientation, which is where most people actually get weeded out. Orientation lasts for 2 weeks and consists of learning the very intricate menu to a T, how the food is prepared, specials, how to sell Landry's cards, uniform etiquette, what is in all of the alcoholic beverages as well as how they are made, the separate Happy Hour menu, how the tables should be set up, as well as memorizing where all of the 111 tables are. There were bi-daily tests that you were given one chance to re-take if you had failed before you were fired. Then there was the big test over everything, which you were also given two opportunities to pass. If you passed, you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • (after I explained to her my lengthy volunteer history with my church) Are you willing to work every single holiday, including Easter and Christmas?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in September 2012.

I submitted an application online. I called later that day to ask if they were hiring and the hostest told me to apply online then call and ask a manager to review my app. I called back later in the day and asked if someone reviewed my application. The manager said he normally doesnt review them until later in the day but since I called, he did it on the phone. He asked me if I could come in for an interview the following day. I met with the assistant general manager. He reviewed my app with me and asked normal questions. He asked me "what do you bring to the table?" or "why should i hire you?" He then asked if I could come back to speak with the GM.

Interview Questions
    No cell phones while at work. Smoke free facility. Must dance on command. Two shirts are given to you. Must wear jeans and nonslip shoes.

Worked for Joe's Crab Shack? Contribute to the Community!