Joe's Crab Shack

Updated Jan 27, 2015

1.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Joe's Crab Shack.

Was hired as a server. The restaurant just opened, they needed staff. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and at ease
One question: tell me a little about your self

Other Interview Reviews for Joe's Crab Shack

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Joe's Crab Shack.

I found a job posting on craigslist directing me to apply online. I filled out the online application, and heard back from the hiring manager two days later. I had my in-person interview a few days later. I just sat down with the general manager of the location in one of the dining room booths. He looked over my copy of my resume and asked why I was looking to serve after just graduating from college. He asked what I would like about working at Joe's specifically (I mentioned the dancing at work and the laid-back "beachy" atmosphere). He then said he'd like to offer me an immediate serving position, and asked when I could start my training. The entire interview took less than fifteen minutes, and seemed as though he was just making sure I could speak coherently and seemed friendly enough to serve people food.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like about working for Joe's Crab Shack specifically?   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Joe's Crab Shack.

The first of 2 interviews was a group interview. It included myself and other applicants as well as 2 managers and other team members. We shared information about ourselves and finished up with a dance! I was hired after the second interview. I enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked how we would handle a guest issue/complaint   Answer Question

Server Interview

Very easy one.I asked couple of questions and i got hired.Manager was friendly most of the time.Aftter i get hired I supposed to do a test,but for some reason I did not get any test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in October 2014.

I had 2 interviews. First one was just a basic interview, asked about work experience and why you think you would be a good fit. They invited me back for a second interview. They asked me to be able to tell them a little about the history of joes crab shack, be able to tell them what PRIDE stands for, and sell them 3 appetizers, 3 entrees, and 3 drinks. The second interview it's really just making sure your personality fits. The person who interviewed me the 2nd time was a different person, so she asked a couple brief questions about my work experience. She was really just looking at how confident you were answering the questions. Overall a fairly easy interview process.
    Also, this is my first serving job, so they really do hire off personality.

Interview Questions
    • Assuming you were hired, why would I be happy that we have you working for us?   Answer Question
    There wasn't one. It's a server job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in October 2014.

I applied on snagajob on a sunday night, received call to come in for an interview on tuesday. The interview was scheduled for that thursday, it was farely easy. It was a general interview, was scheduled for a second interview that monday. Whole process took a week and a day. Second interview was moreso to see if your personality fit a Joes server and to ensure that Joe's was the right fit for you. Pays $2.13 hourly plus tip. The second interview was with the general manager, it took an hour and then he offered me the position. Seem bubbly/enthusisatic, intelligent, and excited to work at Joe's.

Interview Questions
    • If someone dislikes you what is typically their reasoning behind it?(first interview). If you had a restaurant how would you sell me to purchase the special?   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Joe's Crab Shack.

I was contacted by phone a month or two after having applied, and asked to come in for an interview. Manager was very flexible with interview times and had me choose when to come in based on convenience for my schedule. Very friendly people, make you feel right at home

Interview Questions
    • Most question were what you would expect if you were to interview at a restaurant. How do you handle stress, conflict, or other employees not doing their share, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, it is a tip based job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in July 2014.

I applied online and called 3-4 times then was interviewed by an assistant manager then the GM and was hired. The training was extensive, from how to talk to tables, to how to prebus, to how to do the dances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Joe's Crab Shack in July 2014.

I was called by a host and asked to come in for an interview that day, which was perfect! I met with the host/hostess manager and we sat outside and he gave me three scenarios and asked me how I would deal with them. They questions were tough, but I apparently did well. When on this interview, think about some of your best and worst experiences and remember to keep the customers happy.

Interview Questions
    • What wold you do if a party was drunk and rowdy and the table next to them complained?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Joe's Crab Shack.

It was very casual and brief because the store was opening and they seemed to be short on time.

Interview Questions
    It was a serving job, not much negotiation to do.