John C. Lincoln Health Network Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.6

RN Ortho/Surgery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John C. Lincoln Health Network in March 2015.

After a phone interview, the face-to-face was scheduled. The interviewer flowed between many topics in what felt like a casual manner. She did wait until near the end to discuss the very high patient:staff ratios during the evenings. I learned a lot about many of the specialists on the floor, two recent EBP projects, details on the remodeled floor, the backgrounds of current RNs, why the opening occurred, why she and the manager require bedside reports, confidentiality exceptions since their are always two patients in each room, and more. I was asked to stand next to my chair and demonstrate proper lifting procedures and how I would handle several urgent patient requests to ambulate when another staff member was not present.

I appreciated the details I learned about the unit, by the end of the interview I felt like I understood many aspects of the unit. She also took a great deal of time to educate me and to provide feedback on my responses. She pointed out several additional positive attributes in addition to the obvious ones I was presenting. I became nervous several times, but she assured she would rather take time now to ensure I understood the position and was comfortable. I was offered an opportunity to shadow. . In my follow-up thank you, I indicated I was not certain I was an optimal fit (after further thought and some blogging I was uncomfortable with 6-8 step-down patients with high narcotic use), but thanked her for such an easy and through experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most challenging clinical experience, what made it difficult for you?   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at John C. Lincoln Health Network in July 2014.

Job posting was available on their website so I applied, few days late the posting was taken down. I was then contacted by a 3rd party recruiter stating that the position is open with exclusively their them, told the recruiter I already applied. Recruiter told me that JCL has been having a lot of problem with postings and getting the right data to the right people and the job descriptions and terms for employment, that is why they are recruiting with the agency. I told the agency to go a head and put my name back in the hat if JCL would accept it. A few days late I was told by the recruiting agency that JCL accepted the submission and I would be scheduled for a phone screen. Phone screen happened on Tuesday and was told on Thur by the recruiter they were going to pass on my application. Recruiter and many in their agency office were confused by JCL's response because I met or exceeded all their requirements as far as years experience and size of organization as well as personal /corp goals, and they had no negative feedback towards me about the interview.

Staff RN Interview

HR called to make an appontment to come in. Then they called to make another appointment to meet with the manager on the unit. I think this process has changed as there are different people in HR now. I don't remember much except being called to meet with the unit mamager for an interview that lasted 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the normal what would you do in various situations like working with a person and having a conflict. How would you resolve it and give an example.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Rgistered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John C. Lincoln Health Network.

Greetings from Manager, the manager is soft spoken, I did not feel so nervous as I thought will be, the way she interviewed me was like we were just talking in a normal conversation.

EMR Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at John C. Lincoln Health Network.

Process involved a pair of online evaluations in addition to the job history/resume application process. There was also a written test for all applicants to the entire project team. It evaluated personal approach to problem solving as well as a variety of skill sets from interactions through various software platforms. HR support throughout the process was excellent and they made themselves available for questions and the status of your progress through the process.

Interview Questions
    After I was extended an offer I presented my counter-offer based on my research into the role I was accepting. I supplied the research along with my counter-offer and it was ultimately accepted.

Medical Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at John C. Lincoln Health Network in August 2011.

took a while to call back and didn't take to long to get all your verifications

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation .

Staff Dentist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at John C. Lincoln Health Network in April 2010.

Lead dentist in community dental clinic had less experience than most candidates they were interviewing. First I was interviewed by HR manager who knew how to conduct an interview in a professional manner.. It was clear to me that the Lead Dentist/clinic director had little experience in a managerial role and could not conduct an effective interview. Then stated they were obligated to hire a volunteer, and wanted to refer me to a colleague who needed a clinical director at another facility and employer , because of my experience. Overall I was very frustrated and could not understand why this person was hired to be a director, and relied upon to conduct an interview or in a hiring capacity. They were clearly overwhelmed by the role, and I was very disappointed and frustrated.

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John C. Lincoln Health Network in January 2009.

John C. Lincoln contacted me out of the blue - I didn't seek this position.HR was very professional and "sold" me on the company. The "interview" process was a sham. The first aspect was being asked to fill out forms that provided them with age and experience data. The second aspect was a juvenile skills test with instructions that showed the person who made up the test did not understand the profession that they were "testing' or that they had developed a "gotcha" test. The next part was a more than two hour wait to meet with an executive who was sitting about six feet away and claimed that there has been a "mix-up" and that she now only had a half-hour for our appointment. The company ended up hiring an individual with no healthcare experience for the position and very weak credentials. John C Lincoln's HR Department was sincerely interested in experienced, qualified candidates but the hiring manager was not. I would not recommend this organization to anyone who wants to work for a professional and ethical healthcare organization.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person – interviewed at John C. Lincoln Health Network in January 2009.

Contacted Floor director personally as my father said that's the best way to get a job is let them see your face and be more than a piece of paper on a desk. She was open to me just coming by and was able to have a 20 minute on the spot interview.

Interview Questions
    • Recite the pillars of quality for their establishment, and being as I hadn't seen or read about them made that question very uncomfortable.   View Answer
    Base salary for position no negotiation accepted.