John Crane

Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.5

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at John Crane in October 2012.

When I interviewed, I did a phone screen first and then had an on-site interview with 2 supervisors and 1 manager. I was also able to sit down with the group who would become my co-workers which was different but a good experience. They were all thorough and then I received a plant tour.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when I was given a print and asked how long it would take, how to process it, and what type of machine it would take. I estimated the time fairly close but did not have enough experience on the other items.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Crane in August 2012.

I was contacted by someone in human resources. When I was being interviewed, I first met with human resources to go over schedule, etc. about the position. I then met with the head of the department I would be working in. That was about a 45 minute meeting. There was then a graphic design test to make sure I knew the programs. The test was administered in Quark. Their technology and computers are very outdated in each room. They are also still working with CS3. After I floundered my way through the test (I think Quark is a waste of time and everything should be done in Indesign, especially in a global company), I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was the test in Quark. I hadn't once been in Quark before the test, something I mentioned clearly in my resume.   Answer Question
    There was absolutely no negotiation. They wanted to run a background check, credit check, and do a urine drug test. I thought this was extensive for someone sitting behind a computer who wouldn't be dealing with money or machinery, but I complied.