John Crane

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Design Interview

Graphic Design
Morton Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Crane in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by someone in human resources. When I was being interviewed, I first met with human resources to go over schedule, etc. about the position. I then met with the head of the department I would be working in. That was about a 45 minute meeting. There was then a graphic design test to make sure I knew the programs. The test was administered in Quark. Their technology and computers are very outdated in each room. They are also still working with CS3. After I floundered my way through the test (I think Quark is a waste of time and everything should be done in Indesign, especially in a global company), I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Most difficult was the test in Quark. I hadn't once been in Quark before the test, something I mentioned clearly in my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was absolutely no negotiation. They wanted to run a background check, credit check, and do a urine drug test. I thought this was extensive for someone sitting behind a computer who wouldn't be dealing with money or machinery, but I complied.

Worked for John Crane? Contribute to the Community!