John Deere

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Moline, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – Talked to them at school career fair, on-campus interview was next day and found out about 2nd round interview within two weeks. Was flown to Moline, IL to interview. Typical STAR interview model. They just want to make sure you're competent and have ability to learn.

Interview Question – I had never been in a STAR type interview so it was a little hard to think of responses but as the interview proceeded, it go easier.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy. The first was a 1 hour on-campus behavioral interview. Then a few weeks later they gave me an expenses paid trip to moline for final round interviews and a tour. The final session was 2 interviews 1 hour each and both of them were behavioral. Just don't do anything weird and you should be ok. Also they do hair testing

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were wrong about a decision or in a discussion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was so good I didn't even think about negotiating.

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – I interviewed once on campus and then flew out for a secondary interview. All the questions were behavioral and none were particularly hard. Both interviews were fairly relaxed and I would say it was a good experience overall. Have a lot of examples of projects and experiences ready beforehand.

Interview Question – None were particularly difficult if you are well prepared with a lot of examples from work/school experiences.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Moline, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – Went through an interview on campus, then after that was invited out to their world headquarters in Illinois. I went through 2 1-hour interviews with them there. They were extremely helpful and even gave multiple tours. Every thing was paid for as well including travel expenses.

Interview Question – What do you consider your most difficult vice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me and walked through the contract.

Moline, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at John Deere in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was flown out to Moline, IL for my second round interview. They flew a lot of people from all over the country to come visit their headquarters in Moline.

The interview consisted of two interviewers interviewing me for about 50 minutes each. The kinds of questions they asked follow their STAR method of interviewing. If you look up the STAR method and practice it a little bit you will be fine.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working with a team member and how did you resolve the conflict.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at John Deere

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!

John Deere Videos

John Deere – Why Work for Us?

By 2050 the planet will be shared by another 2 billion people. Building technology to help feed, clothe and shelter the world is what we're all about at John Deere. A career at John Deere offers more than just… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at John Deere Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by John Deere employees and interview candidates.