John Deere Engineering Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at John Deere (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied, contacted with phone interview and proceeded to on-site interview. Questions were STAR based, and behavioral situations. Phone interview was technical based. After on-site interview, it took about a week to inform me they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to perform something against your ethics and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

I had one On-Campus interview that lasted 50 minutes. They asked basic behavioral questions. They then offered to fly me down to Moline, IL for a second interview; I accepted and i had two 45 minute interviews. They asked most of the same questions as the first interview but with more time for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of success?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at John Deere (Davenport, IA) in March 2008.

Interview

We meet, reviewed my studies, interview by 3 company managers, offered a job.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with an uncoopertive employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at John Deere in March 2007.

Interview

Met at a campus recruiting event, talked to a recruiter. Applied online, had a two round interview. One on campus, relatively straight forward. The on site interview, in the Quad Cities, was a more in depth. Had a lot of "Tell me a time when.." questions. For example, "Tell me a time when you worked in a team and had a problem, and how did you solve it."

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked in a team and had a problem with a member. How did you solve it or work around it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

First phone screen then on site interview. Mostly based STAR based questions.

Everyone was very professional and easy to speak with etc.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Received a call via college recruiting center.
    Scheduled a tour and interview with HR and Head of Engineering

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Meet at University career fear. Had an on-campus interview. Flown out to moline for two more interviews.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at John Deere in January 2012.

Interview

Got a phone interview that goes very well. The Manager scheduled a in-person interview 2 weeks later. Meet 1-1 with 4 technical managers that ask approximately the same (behavioral) question. For every question (like conflict with colleague), they wanted a description of a concrete case I encoontered, how I managed the situation and what was the outcomes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you are asked to do more than one task and you are not able to complete both on time.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you disagree with a colleague on a problem and the later gets stack on it opinion.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very smooth. I had three interviews over two days, two with engineers and one with HR. I anticipated an offer after the final interview and received one shortly after. Communication from HR was efficient as I moved through the interview process. The interviews were all one-on-one format.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to change your mind on a solution to a project.   Answer Question