John Deere

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Moline, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – I had one On-Campus interview that lasted 50 minutes. They asked basic behavioral questions. They then offered to fly me down to Moline, IL for a second interview; I accepted and i had two 45 minute interviews. They asked most of the same questions as the first interview but with more time for questions at the end.

Interview Question – What is your definition of success?   View Answer

Davenport, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at John Deere in March 2008.

Interview Details – We meet, reviewed my studies, interview by 3 company managers, offered a job.

Interview Question – How to deal with an uncoopertive employee.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at John Deere in March 2007.

Interview Details – Met at a campus recruiting event, talked to a recruiter. Applied online, had a two round interview. One on campus, relatively straight forward. The on site interview, in the Quad Cities, was a more in depth. Had a lot of "Tell me a time when.." questions. For example, "Tell me a time when you worked in a team and had a problem, and how did you solve it."

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you worked in a team and had a problem with a member. How did you solve it or work around it.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – First phone screen then on site interview. Mostly based STAR based questions.

Everyone was very professional and easy to speak with etc.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Interviewed at John Deere

Interview Details – Received a call via college recruiting center.
Scheduled a tour and interview with HR and Head of Engineering

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 yrs   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – Meet at University career fear. Had an on-campus interview. Flown out to moline for two more interviews.

Interview Question – Time you failed, and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at John Deere in January 2012.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview that goes very well. The Manager scheduled a in-person interview 2 weeks later. Meet 1-1 with 4 technical managers that ask approximately the same (behavioral) question. For every question (like conflict with colleague), they wanted a description of a concrete case I encoontered, how I managed the situation and what was the outcomes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you are asked to do more than one task and you are not able to complete both on time.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you disagree with a colleague on a problem and the later gets stack on it opinion.   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at John Deere in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very smooth. I had three interviews over two days, two with engineers and one with HR. I anticipated an offer after the final interview and received one shortly after. Communication from HR was efficient as I moved through the interview process. The interviews were all one-on-one format.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you had to change your mind on a solution to a project.   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took 2 days - interviewed at John Deere in September 2010.

Interview Details – Only one person interviewed me. She seemed of unsure of the questions she asked and therefore I wasn't able to gauge whether my answers were appealing. Overall, pretty standard behavioral interview with a regular set of questions. Questions may overlap and cause awkwardness.

Interview Question – Name a time when you encountered a problem on a project on how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!