John Deere

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Student Interview

Part Time Student
Fargo, ND

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at John Deere in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through campus career center. Was invited to select a slot for interview. Went in and interviewed for about an hour with one engineer. Was asked various behavior based questions and also a question on my transcript about a poor grade I had gotten. Took about a month or two to hear back from the interview.

Interview Question – The questions were all pretty evenly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not negotiation for these positions. The wage is based off of school credits.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer
Fargo, ND

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at John Deere in January 2009.

Interview Details – This was a typical interview. Interviews were 1:1, mostly technical. Skills test was face to face. I met with 6 people; one manager, one director, 3 engineers and one HR. They have a very nice facility. Other than the skills test (mostly questions about C), the interview questions focused on my previous projects. There were no "tricky" questions.

This seems like a great place to work.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The money was just way too low. Also, they only have a "high deductible" health care plan.

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!