John Deere Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

First round of interviews was completed on campus on the day after initial meeting at campus job fair. For the second round of interviews, they fly you to Moline for round-robin style interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Talked to a few recruiters at a career fair. I had an interview then ...they asked 5-6 behavioral questions ... Then I was invited for a second round interview in Moline... They gave us a company tour and the interview questions were similar to the ones they asked at the first interview. They had 2 interviews in moline

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something didn't go your way   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Headquarters intern position required 7 interviews. At the final interview, each 30-minute session was with a difference John Deere manager. Much preparation was put into the "STAR" process. Questions were divided into sections along the lines of financial, personal, experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was an individual financial struggle that you had and overcame?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not at the point of hire, but rather with the HR department.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I applied online and then approached them at a career fair. I had my first interview with them the next day. It went well mainly behavioral question and some technical based on what was on my resume. After two weeks I received an email to fly me into their headquarters for another interview. This time i was interviews by two different individuals. They asked same style of questions from my first interview in the career fair. Two weeks later I received an email with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you had to overcome and in what way did you approach it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent me an email with all of the details

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I met with the recruiters at my college career fair and interviewed on campus the next day. They like to have you make a profile on the John Deere career page on their website beforehand. They also asked me for a transcript and resume when I met them.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard. The hardest one was about my experience in the IT field, which at the time, I didn't have much of.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I went to a recruitment fair at my college. They were doing mini interviews at their booth. A couple hours later, I was called about an on-campus interview the next day. This interview was behavioral questions. Within two weeks, I was e-mailed about an interview at HQ. There were two behavioral interviews at HQ along with a tour. Within two weeks of the HQ interview, a job offer was sent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to assign and rotate roles within a team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

The interviews mostly consist of behavioral questions, the interviewers are very professional and nice. They subscribe to the STARR method. Most questions are geared towards your thought process, team work, and how you approach a problem.

Intern Interview

Interview

I talked to someone at our University's Career Fair, and two days later I received a call asking me to come to an interview time. The interview was all Behavioral-based so nothing unexpected.

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at John Deere in October 2014.

Interview

Followed the standard STAR method of interviewing. The interviewer was very cool and easy to talk to. From what I learned, second interviews are conducted in Moline, Iowa. They messed up my interview time, but fortunately someone who hadn't left for lunch yet found a packet and interviewed me right on the spot

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Deere in September 2014.

Interview

Apply through the university and apply online. For this Accounting internship, you have to prepare your resume and review what you want to know about John Deere for the interview. I was interviewed at BYU's campus and had I done well the first time, I would have been invited for a second interview in Moline, Illinois. After the interview on campus, I lost interest.

Interview Questions

• After reviewing trends in financial statements or other charts, what underlying themes did you identify in your analysis?   1 Answer