John Deere

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – I met them at career fair and got an initial interview, went to their headquarters for the next round but was not selected

Interview Question – Favorite/Least Favorite class in college   Answer Question

Interviewed at John Deere

Interview Details – All behavioral based questions that incorporate the STAR Method.Make sure you know your resume from top to bottom because they will try to incorporate each question into one of your prior experiences or campus involvements. Also, make sure to have questions prepared for the interviewer. This shows interest in the company and also shows that you did your research.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to earn someone's trust? Based on prior experience
Favorite class in school?
  Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at John Deere in November 2012.

Interview Details – Overall it was a great experience, it was my first professional interview all the question was behavioral, the was no technical questions.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for John Deere   Answer Question

Moline, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – I approached Deere at a Job Expo and they were very easy to talk to, and would ask general questions about what they initially saw on my resume. After that they chose to stay the day after which was "interview day" where all of the companies had to option to hold interviews or not. This round was a pretty normal interview. I sat down with to Deere reps that were not from HR, but from the field I am specializing in. After passing that interview, they fly you out to their corporate office, all expenses paid, and they show you around the coporate office. Before this happens though, you have two different one on one interview sessions that aren't much more difficult than the first one. Excellent recruiting tactics and I discovered that they are not hiding anything during the process. The company is very welcoming and truly do care about thier employees

Interview Question – Explain a time where you worked as part of a team and someone was not contributing and the steps you took to fix this problem   View Answer

Moline, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume at a career fair. I then did an interview on my college campus with an HR manager, and eventually I was flown out to their headquarters. You had two 1-hr, 1-on-1 interviews with engineering managers. Then they set you up on a tour of the JD headquarters.

Interview Question – All behavioral... know the STAR format   Answer Question

Waterloo, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at John Deere in October 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume, there was a general interview with their HR manager. Then the company invited me to their headquarter to do the second interview which takes 1 day. 1:1 interview (almost the same as the first one) is about 1 hours. And there was a site tour after all. Few days later I heard back from them.

Interview Question – What is your biggest strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Moline, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at John Deere in September 2009.

Interview Details – Round 1:

1 on 1 interview that is very relaxed. Answers must all be in STAR format to their behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere in April 2013.

Interview Details – Aptitude + Technical Test
Technical Interview
HR Interview

Interview Question – How would you refuse any new assignment if you are already overloaded with many of them?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – The interview process was very friendly yet applied. They use a STAR method which many people should be familiar with and ask insightful questions. Like most companies they have round of interviews and are easy to talk to. Some questions were challenging to answer but they are very understanding if you are honest.

Interview Question – Explain a time where someone was not accomplishing their task and how you went about solving the issue.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at John Deere

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!

John Deere Videos

John Deere – Why Work for Us?

By 2050 the planet will be shared by another 2 billion people. Building technology to help feed, clothe and shelter the world is what we're all about at John Deere. A career at John Deere offers more than just… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at John Deere Intern interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by John Deere employees and interview candidates.