John Deere

Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere.

First round of interviews was completed on campus on the day after initial meeting at campus job fair. For the second round of interviews, they fly you to Moline for round-robin style interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

I applied online and then approached them at a career fair. I had my first interview with them the next day. It went well mainly behavioral question and some technical based on what was on my resume. After two weeks I received an email to fly me into their headquarters for another interview. This time i was interviews by two different individuals. They asked same style of questions from my first interview in the career fair. Two weeks later I received an email with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a challenge you had to overcome and in what way did you approach it.   Answer Question
    They sent me an email with all of the details

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere.

I met with the recruiters at my college career fair and interviewed on campus the next day. They like to have you make a profile on the John Deere career page on their website beforehand. They also asked me for a transcript and resume when I met them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard. The hardest one was about my experience in the IT field, which at the time, I didn't have much of.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

I went to a recruitment fair at my college. They were doing mini interviews at their booth. A couple hours later, I was called about an on-campus interview the next day. This interview was behavioral questions. Within two weeks, I was e-mailed about an interview at HQ. There were two behavioral interviews at HQ along with a tour. Within two weeks of the HQ interview, a job offer was sent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to assign and rotate roles within a team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at John Deere in October 2014.

Followed the standard STAR method of interviewing. The interviewer was very cool and easy to talk to. From what I learned, second interviews are conducted in Moline, Iowa. They messed up my interview time, but fortunately someone who hadn't left for lunch yet found a packet and interviewed me right on the spot

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Deere in September 2014.

Apply through the university and apply online. For this Accounting internship, you have to prepare your resume and review what you want to know about John Deere for the interview. I was interviewed at BYU's campus and had I done well the first time, I would have been invited for a second interview in Moline, Illinois. After the interview on campus, I lost interest.

Interview Questions
    • After reviewing trends in financial statements or other charts, what underlying themes did you identify in your analysis?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

The interviews mostly consist of behavioral questions, the interviewers are very professional and nice. They subscribe to the STARR method. Most questions are geared towards your thought process, team work, and how you approach a problem.

Intern Interview

I talked to someone at our University's Career Fair, and two days later I received a call asking me to come to an interview time. The interview was all Behavioral-based so nothing unexpected.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

I was interviewed off site at a career fair. The questions were situation-based so they mostly started with "Tell me about a time when..." After the first round of interviews, you are contacted for the second round which involves you being flown to the John Deere headquarters in Moline, IL. You then go through 2 interviews in 4 hours where your previous interview and transcript are reviewed. Then you are asked more situation based questions, sometimes the same ones as you were asked in the first round.

Interview Questions
    • The question was "Tell me about at your biggest defeat and how you overcame it."   Answer Question
    There was none. They tell you what the offer is and you can either accept or decline

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere in October 2013.

Talked to the recruiters at my school's career fair. They look at your resume and immediately decide if they will invite you back for an on-campus interview the next day. You sign up for a time slot and prepare for your interview. The interview is pretty relaxed and totally behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time you worked in a group project and overcame a conflict, tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision, etc.). The interviewers (two of them at once) were very nice and helpful. If that interview goes well, you will be flown out to the headquarters in Moline, IL for a final interview. There you have two interviews, each with one person from your field, which are essentially the same type of questions from the first inverview. They will typically respond in a few weeks after your last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you made a decision in a group that you knew others would not be happy/agree with. Why did you do it and was it the right decision?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate - just accepted the offer.