John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview about a month later. I was interviewed by two managers for one hour. It went straight into behavioral questions (about 6). Some of the questions sounded the same but they wanted different scenarios. They were based on teamwork and communication.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to sell an idea to a coworker.   Answer Question

Human Resources Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. They asked detailed behavioral questions. The second interview was over a month later at headquarters. We had two interviews in the morning one on one and in the afternoon we had a tour of the headquarters. Big on diversity so incorporate that into answer.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at John Deere (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

one on one. they had me speak with two individuals for the first interview and then one person for the second interview. The first part was mostly technical and we discussed the various skills I used in my past employment.

Interview Questions

• basic/standard questions. We discussed my past employment and what qualifications I had for the position. The second interview was more about what I thought of various topics like what motivates me, what was my biggest mistake, and how would I handle various situations.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

You first recieve a Phone Call from Human resources and get a quick pre interview.
    Then you get an in person Human resources Interview prior to the Manager interview which is the mos dificult one and most times is a panel based ( 3 Interviewers or more at the same time) interview. If everything goes well and you are accepted, you get an aditional interview with human resources to review the salary etc.

Interview Questions

• What´s you long time aspirations   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

First round of interviews was completed on campus on the day after initial meeting at campus job fair. For the second round of interviews, they fly you to Moline for round-robin style interviews.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by e-mail for a request of my transcripts after I completed an application and submitted my resume online to the Human Resources Development Program.. I was contacted for a 45-minute phone interview where the STAR (Situation, Task, Action and result) method was used. I felt very comfortable doing a phone interview. Questions asked were, "Tell me about a time.." What was the situation, what was your task in the situation, what action did you take and why and what was the result in that situation.Once you completed the telephone interview, I was selected for an in-person interview. I was flown to Moline, IL, where I completed to in-person interviews with two of HR leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were interrupted at work to do another task?
      Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker?
      Tell me how you resolved a difficult situation with a team member?
      Tell me about a time you had to adapt.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Headquarters intern position required 7 interviews. At the final interview, each 30-minute session was with a difference John Deere manager. Much preparation was put into the "STAR" process. Questions were divided into sections along the lines of financial, personal, experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was an individual financial struggle that you had and overcame?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not at the point of hire, but rather with the HR department.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Campus interview then onsite interview with three different recruiters. May go to a local site and interview with hiring manager. Location was based on company needs but was able to pick prevs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I applied online and then approached them at a career fair. I had my first interview with them the next day. It went well mainly behavioral question and some technical based on what was on my resume. After two weeks I received an email to fly me into their headquarters for another interview. This time i was interviews by two different individuals. They asked same style of questions from my first interview in the career fair. Two weeks later I received an email with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you had to overcome and in what way did you approach it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent me an email with all of the details

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I met with the recruiters at my college career fair and interviewed on campus the next day. They like to have you make a profile on the John Deere career page on their website beforehand. They also asked me for a transcript and resume when I met them.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard. The hardest one was about my experience in the IT field, which at the time, I didn't have much of.   Answer Question