John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

Part Time Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moline, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

Very easy process. Typical behavioral interview questions. Not something to worry about. A lot of teamwork related questions and questions about why you want to work for them, why you picked your major, etc. Want to see that you are a leader and work best when on a team. The entire interview process consisted of one 1:2 interview. I have heard of others who had initial phone interviews. One thing to be aware of: Almost everyone who is a part time student whom I have talked to is struggling to have enough work to fill their time. This seems to be a large problem with John Deere's part time student and internship positions.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straight forward questions. One was tell me about a mundane task...   Answer Question

IT Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Hiring process was very transparent and the interview was fairly simple. There was an objective test and the test was fairly simple. After that the interview was simple. It was all about showing confidence and conversing the the hiring managers. The process was a mix of both technical and HR questions asked simutaneously.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

I was interviewed off site at a career fair. The questions were situation-based so they mostly started with "Tell me about a time when..." After the first round of interviews, you are contacted for the second round which involves you being flown to the John Deere headquarters in Moline, IL. You then go through 2 interviews in 4 hours where your previous interview and transcript are reviewed. Then you are asked more situation based questions, sometimes the same ones as you were asked in the first round.

Interview Questions
    • The question was "Tell me about at your biggest defeat and how you overcame it."   Answer Question
    There was none. They tell you what the offer is and you can either accept or decline

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at John Deere.

Had a phone interview followed by a STAR type interview. First interview was done by the plant quality manager. The next round of the interview was a STAR type and was conducted by a group of 3. Since I was out of location , a teleconferencing was set up

Interview Questions
    • Teleconferencing interview, so I was not comfortable for that. Also I missed about asking questions to them as I got panicked.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

They asked very simple questions which required meaningful answers. The receptionist was very nice and the interviewer was eager to ask about my comfortability in the situation. Afterwards I was politely escorted out and told I would be given a call.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

I received a better offer from a different company.

IT Part Time Student Interview

I applied online - interviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

I applied online and months later was woken up to a phone call from a project manager form Deere who wanted to interview me. We scheduled a time for that week. I came in, received a tour of the John Deere facility, and then sat down to interview. The interview was entirely behavioral, so know the STAR format. It was basically the whole interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be honest about your goals, personality, and teamwork skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere in October 2013.

Talked to the recruiters at my school's career fair. They look at your resume and immediately decide if they will invite you back for an on-campus interview the next day. You sign up for a time slot and prepare for your interview. The interview is pretty relaxed and totally behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time you worked in a group project and overcame a conflict, tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision, etc.). The interviewers (two of them at once) were very nice and helpful. If that interview goes well, you will be flown out to the headquarters in Moline, IL for a final interview. There you have two interviews, each with one person from your field, which are essentially the same type of questions from the first inverview. They will typically respond in a few weeks after your last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you made a decision in a group that you knew others would not be happy/agree with. Why did you do it and was it the right decision?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate - just accepted the offer.

Intern Interview

On campus interview the day after the career fair. Then I recieved a 2nd round at HQ 2 weeks later, The following week I had an offer, which I declined.

CAD DESIGNER/Modeler III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at John Deere in August 2011.

Good to know somebody inside. Panel interview, Interview is highly technical including engineering design calculations. Tolerance stack up analysis. Interviewers are very professional. My advice is to apply to the job only if you think you are very qualified. Recall what you did in your last jobs. You will be asked about your most important projects. You have to describe in detail the project and the challenges you encountered and how dealt with them.

Interview Questions
    • Ask to solve part of machine design problem which require deep knowledge of mechanism component sizing using stress calculations.   View Answer
    Initial was low so I negotiated for an increase. I got few thousand more but my annual increase was affected because the rate they gave me was closed to the max salary for the position.

MBA Development Program Interview

Very 'fit' based interview. They are very interested in finding people who can demosntrate a willingness to live in Moline, away from major urban centers. Evoking a strong interest in the outdoors, agriculture, etc are obvious ways to demonstrate a good fit with the firm. Overall the people are extremely friendly and nice, and I had the impression that it would be a very good company to work for in terms of having nice coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • Probing questions involving times where you have failed are big. To be able to have good examples that don't seem too weak, while also demonstrating how overcoming those challenges helped make you a better professional/leader etc is a fine line to walk, but answering it well is a great way to demonstrate your maturity and managerial abilities   Answer Question

Location and industry was not exactly what I was looking for

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!