John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.9

Human Resources Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. They asked detailed behavioral questions. The second interview was over a month later at headquarters. We had two interviews in the morning one on one and in the afternoon we had a tour of the headquarters. Big on diversity so incorporate that into answer.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

You first recieve a Phone Call from Human resources and get a quick pre interview.
    Then you get an in person Human resources Interview prior to the Manager interview which is the mos dificult one and most times is a panel based ( 3 Interviewers or more at the same time) interview. If everything goes well and you are accepted, you get an aditional interview with human resources to review the salary etc.

Interview Questions

• What´s you long time aspirations   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

First round of interviews was completed on campus on the day after initial meeting at campus job fair. For the second round of interviews, they fly you to Moline for round-robin style interviews.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by e-mail for a request of my transcripts after I completed an application and submitted my resume online to the Human Resources Development Program.. I was contacted for a 45-minute phone interview where the STAR (Situation, Task, Action and result) method was used. I felt very comfortable doing a phone interview. Questions asked were, "Tell me about a time.." What was the situation, what was your task in the situation, what action did you take and why and what was the result in that situation.Once you completed the telephone interview, I was selected for an in-person interview. I was flown to Moline, IL, where I completed to in-person interviews with two of HR leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were interrupted at work to do another task?
      Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker?
      Tell me how you resolved a difficult situation with a team member?
      Tell me about a time you had to adapt.

Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Campus interview then onsite interview with three different recruiters. May go to a local site and interview with hiring manager. Location was based on company needs but was able to pick prevs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I applied online and then approached them at a career fair. I had my first interview with them the next day. It went well mainly behavioral question and some technical based on what was on my resume. After two weeks I received an email to fly me into their headquarters for another interview. This time i was interviews by two different individuals. They asked same style of questions from my first interview in the career fair. Two weeks later I received an email with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you had to overcome and in what way did you approach it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent me an email with all of the details

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I met with the recruiters at my college career fair and interviewed on campus the next day. They like to have you make a profile on the John Deere career page on their website beforehand. They also asked me for a transcript and resume when I met them.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard. The hardest one was about my experience in the IT field, which at the time, I didn't have much of.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Had 1 phone interview and 7 interviews back to back once on site. The interview process was hard and I had to interview with multiple people back to back, which made it feel like I was repeating answers

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Deere? How well do you manage people?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I went to a recruitment fair at my college. They were doing mini interviews at their booth. A couple hours later, I was called about an on-campus interview the next day. This interview was behavioral questions. Within two weeks, I was e-mailed about an interview at HQ. There were two behavioral interviews at HQ along with a tour. Within two weeks of the HQ interview, a job offer was sent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to assign and rotate roles within a team.   Answer Question

Electronics Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

I went to a conference called the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. I had presubmitted my resume, and they called me the second day asking to talk to them. From there we set up an interview. It was a fairly simple interview mostly using STAR interview questions. They really like values and teams. They said they called me because I was an Eagle Scout. After the first interview I send my transcript and they offered to fly me out.

Interview Questions

• In the first interview there wasn't any hard questions all behavioral.   Answer Question