John Deere

John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Campus interview then onsite interview with three different recruiters. May go to a local site and interview with hiring manager. Location was based on company needs but was able to pick prevs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

I applied online and then approached them at a career fair. I had my first interview with them the next day. It went well mainly behavioral question and some technical based on what was on my resume. After two weeks I received an email to fly me into their headquarters for another interview. This time i was interviews by two different individuals. They asked same style of questions from my first interview in the career fair. Two weeks later I received an email with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a challenge you had to overcome and in what way did you approach it.   Answer Question
    They sent me an email with all of the details

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere.

I met with the recruiters at my college career fair and interviewed on campus the next day. They like to have you make a profile on the John Deere career page on their website beforehand. They also asked me for a transcript and resume when I met them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard. The hardest one was about my experience in the IT field, which at the time, I didn't have much of.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Had 1 phone interview and 7 interviews back to back once on site. The interview process was hard and I had to interview with multiple people back to back, which made it feel like I was repeating answers

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Deere? How well do you manage people?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

I went to a recruitment fair at my college. They were doing mini interviews at their booth. A couple hours later, I was called about an on-campus interview the next day. This interview was behavioral questions. Within two weeks, I was e-mailed about an interview at HQ. There were two behavioral interviews at HQ along with a tour. Within two weeks of the HQ interview, a job offer was sent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to assign and rotate roles within a team.   Answer Question

Electronics Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere in November 2014.

I went to a conference called the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. I had presubmitted my resume, and they called me the second day asking to talk to them. From there we set up an interview. It was a fairly simple interview mostly using STAR interview questions. They really like values and teams. They said they called me because I was an Eagle Scout. After the first interview I send my transcript and they offered to fly me out.

Interview Questions
    • In the first interview there wasn't any hard questions all behavioral.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

The interviews mostly consist of behavioral questions, the interviewers are very professional and nice. They subscribe to the STARR method. Most questions are geared towards your thought process, team work, and how you approach a problem.

Intern Interview

I talked to someone at our University's Career Fair, and two days later I received a call asking me to come to an interview time. The interview was all Behavioral-based so nothing unexpected.

Product Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

Started off with a simple 30 minute behavioral interview, then called in for a 2nd round technical interview. Not very tough, very casual and relaxed environment. Recruiters were very pleasant and responded promptly to any questions or concerns I had

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral type questions were asked (strengths, weakness, experience in teams, etc.)   Answer Question

IOS Mobile Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere.

I talked with a recruiter who was very kind and easy to talk to. After asking some basic behavioral questions, she forwarded me a coding challenge. It was mainly about writing some Xcode for parsing through an xml file and creating a property list to store information. I was also told to link tableview cells with the webpage in safari.