John Deere

Updated Nov 25, 2014

Electronics Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere in November 2014.

I went to a conference called the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. I had presubmitted my resume, and they called me the second day asking to talk to them. From there we set up an interview. It was a fairly simple interview mostly using STAR interview questions. They really like values and teams. They said they called me because I was an Eagle Scout. After the first interview I send my transcript and they offered to fly me out.

Interview Questions
    • In the first interview there wasn't any hard questions all behavioral.   Answer Question

Quality Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

Went to career fair, handed in resume. Got called two weeks later telling me I had an interview at headquarters up in Moline IL, had to take time off class to go there. They call you the night before the interview to do a practice interview, which is nice. The actual interview is 3 different behavioral interviews, each about 4-5 questions. They tell you they're looking for STAR answers. They hair test if you work in IL, urine test if in IA.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing outside of the ordinary, they expect STAR answers for their behavioral questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation for intern

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Had 1 phone interview and 7 interviews back to back once on site. The interview process was hard and I had to interview with multiple people back to back, which made it feel like I was repeating answers

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Deere? How well do you manage people?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

I went to a recruitment fair at my college. They were doing mini interviews at their booth. A couple hours later, I was called about an on-campus interview the next day. This interview was behavioral questions. Within two weeks, I was e-mailed about an interview at HQ. There were two behavioral interviews at HQ along with a tour. Within two weeks of the HQ interview, a job offer was sent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to assign and rotate roles within a team.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Long process, took over a month. Hiring Manager was very good. numerous tests (personality, profile and directional). total of about 4 interviews in person. Being such a large company, mostly driven by the States, conference call interviews and I guess internal back and forth make things a little longer.

On first week, orientation was very elaborate and thorough.

No negotiation

Assembler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in October 2010.

Short multiple choice test that a 5 year old could pass. They then randomly pick from a hat who to hire. You interview with people who have no idea how anything in the plant works and lie right to your face.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one, most of my interview consisted of playing high school football.   Answer Question

Supply Base Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at John Deere in October 2014.

They use the same process for an entry level position and for mid management positions. They use the "Targeted Selection" process by the book. This means that they want to predict future performance, but they use it also for employees that have been in the company for 20+ years. In this cases, instead of looking for actual results since they have the data, they still try to predict performance and they will choose a charistmatic person with high presentation skills over a current employee that has given excellent results for years.
    This process is excellent for new employees, but puts a roadblock on employees that have been successful and loyal for a long time. The other sad part is that prediction is not 100% accurate, so you end up with high level managers that had great interviews, but do not maximize business results.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example when you thought that you were not going to achieve a goal, and what did you do to change the trend and achieve it.   View Answer

Territory Manager Interview

A telephonic rund of interview to understand your current role and nature of your job
    Followed by face to face interview to assess job fit and suitability to organisation
    Finally HR interview to discuss remunerations, location and reporting structure

Interview Questions
    • To assess job fit, lot of questions will be twisted to understand one thing - Ethics
      John Deere belives in ethical practices

Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at John Deere in October 2014.

Followed the standard STAR method of interviewing. The interviewer was very cool and easy to talk to. From what I learned, second interviews are conducted in Moline, Iowa. They messed up my interview time, but fortunately someone who hadn't left for lunch yet found a packet and interviewed me right on the spot

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Deere in September 2014.

Apply through the university and apply online. For this Accounting internship, you have to prepare your resume and review what you want to know about John Deere for the interview. I was interviewed at BYU's campus and had I done well the first time, I would have been invited for a second interview in Moline, Illinois. After the interview on campus, I lost interest.

Interview Questions
    • After reviewing trends in financial statements or other charts, what underlying themes did you identify in your analysis?   View Answer