John Deere Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
166 interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubuque, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

interviewed at John Deere in May 2010.

One whole day, from breakfast when someone came to the hotel to pick up, then stopped by the HR department to meet the contact person, followed by the technical interviews with one-on-one interviews with department managers and others. SMART question-and-answer was used. Try to think about the past experiences where difficult situation and people were encountered.

Interview Questions
    • What was most challenging situation in the past career?   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at John Deere.

STAR interview process, hair drug test. be 15 minutes early to interview. don't try to hide anything because they will find out. they do a very in depth background check. they go back seven years on your criminal history

Interview Questions
    no negotiation at all. wages are set per the Deere and Company UAW bargaining unit agreement

Customer Service Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

A very pleasant and informative HR representative calls you to discuss position, hours needed, starting salary, etc. You go in and take a battery of math, language, proofreading, and other tests on a computer in a small room by yourself, then if you pass, a supervisor from the department conducts a lengthy behavioral job interview with you during the same visit. They are very friendly and do let you ask any questions you want to, about the job duties. Then if you get an offer, there are pre-employment background check and drug test, and if those are passed, someone from HR calls you to talk about the scheduling of the training classes.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of examples from previous positions where you had to problem-solve?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I interviewed online - interviewed at John Deere.

I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected

Typical interview process with HR & Hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions regarding experience, strength & weaknesses   Answer Question

Part Time Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Very good. Was a smooth interview and they made you feel welcome. Ask tough questions but were very relative to the job. Only thing I wish they would have told me more about the job day-to-day and general information when I asked.

Janitor Interview

The interview process was very thorough

Interview Questions

Did not want to relocate

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at John Deere in November 2011.

I knew a friend who got me hired on as a contracted employee. I was contracted for some time before interviewing and being offered a position in the company. The interview was the standard S.T.A.R. interview every time and followed that format very closely.

Interview Questions
    • Pulling relevant examples from work experience to answer the questions completely as possible.   Answer Question
    There was none. It was more of a "Here's the offer. Take it or leave it".

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Talked to them at school career fair, on-campus interview was next day and found out about 2nd round interview within two weeks. Was flown to Moline, IL to interview. Typical STAR interview model. They just want to make sure you're competent and have ability to learn.

Interview Questions
    • I had never been in a STAR type interview so it was a little hard to think of responses but as the interview proceeded, it go easier.   Answer Question

Supply Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at John Deere in September 2013.

Situation and Behavioral based Interview. Focused on ability to contribute and experience. Hiring process is fairly simple, complete online profile and submit drug screen. Company keeps contact with you throughout the entire process with updates and new information. Reps are easy to contact at any time. Overall simple and easy process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you made a bad decision, and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question