John Deere

John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Sales Associate Interview

They asked very simple questions which required meaningful answers. The receptionist was very nice and the interviewer was eager to ask about my comfortability in the situation. Afterwards I was politely escorted out and told I would be given a call.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

I received a better offer from a different company.

Intern Interview

On campus interview the day after the career fair. Then I recieved a 2nd round at HQ 2 weeks later, The following week I had an offer, which I declined.

MBA Development Program Interview

Very 'fit' based interview. They are very interested in finding people who can demosntrate a willingness to live in Moline, away from major urban centers. Evoking a strong interest in the outdoors, agriculture, etc are obvious ways to demonstrate a good fit with the firm. Overall the people are extremely friendly and nice, and I had the impression that it would be a very good company to work for in terms of having nice coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • Probing questions involving times where you have failed are big. To be able to have good examples that don't seem too weak, while also demonstrating how overcoming those challenges helped make you a better professional/leader etc is a fine line to walk, but answering it well is a great way to demonstrate your maturity and managerial abilities   Answer Question

Location and industry was not exactly what I was looking for

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

STAR interview process, hair drug test. be 15 minutes early to interview. don't try to hide anything because they will find out. they do a very in depth background check. they go back seven years on your criminal history

Interview Questions
    no negotiation at all. wages are set per the Deere and Company UAW bargaining unit agreement

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

A very pleasant and informative HR representative calls you to discuss position, hours needed, starting salary, etc. You go in and take a battery of math, language, proofreading, and other tests on a computer in a small room by yourself, then if you pass, a supervisor from the department conducts a lengthy behavioral job interview with you during the same visit. They are very friendly and do let you ask any questions you want to, about the job duties. Then if you get an offer, there are pre-employment background check and drug test, and if those are passed, someone from HR calls you to talk about the scheduling of the training classes.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of examples from previous positions where you had to problem-solve?   View Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online – interviewed at John Deere.

I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected

Product Engineer Interview

Typical interview process with HR & Hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions regarding experience, strength & weaknesses   Answer Question

Part Time Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Very good. Was a smooth interview and they made you feel welcome. Ask tough questions but were very relative to the job. Only thing I wish they would have told me more about the job day-to-day and general information when I asked.

Janitor Interview

The interview process was very thorough

Interview Questions

Did not want to relocate

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.