John Deere

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

STAR interview process, hair drug test. be 15 minutes early to interview. don't try to hide anything because they will find out. they do a very in depth background check. they go back seven years on your criminal history

Interview Questions
    no negotiation at all. wages are set per the Deere and Company UAW bargaining unit agreement

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

A very pleasant and informative HR representative calls you to discuss position, hours needed, starting salary, etc. You go in and take a battery of math, language, proofreading, and other tests on a computer in a small room by yourself, then if you pass, a supervisor from the department conducts a lengthy behavioral job interview with you during the same visit. They are very friendly and do let you ask any questions you want to, about the job duties. Then if you get an offer, there are pre-employment background check and drug test, and if those are passed, someone from HR calls you to talk about the scheduling of the training classes.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of examples from previous positions where you had to problem-solve?   View Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online – interviewed at John Deere.

I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected

Product Engineer Interview

Typical interview process with HR & Hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions regarding experience, strength & weaknesses   Answer Question

Part Time Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Very good. Was a smooth interview and they made you feel welcome. Ask tough questions but were very relative to the job. Only thing I wish they would have told me more about the job day-to-day and general information when I asked.

Janitor Interview

The interview process was very thorough

Interview Questions

Did not want to relocate

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

IT Part Time Student Interview

I applied online – interviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

I applied online and months later was woken up to a phone call from a project manager form Deere who wanted to interview me. We scheduled a time for that week. I came in, received a tour of the John Deere facility, and then sat down to interview. The interview was entirely behavioral, so know the STAR format. It was basically the whole interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be honest about your goals, personality, and teamwork skills.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Talked to them at school career fair, on-campus interview was next day and found out about 2nd round interview within two weeks. Was flown to Moline, IL to interview. Typical STAR interview model. They just want to make sure you're competent and have ability to learn.

Interview Questions
    • I had never been in a STAR type interview so it was a little hard to think of responses but as the interview proceeded, it go easier.   Answer Question

Skilled Trade Machine Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview is done by a supervisor and an engineer. Before the interview there is a test out phase at another off site location. After interview you will recieve a letter in the mail stating that you are hired upon completion of pre employment physical which will include a chest xray.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about if a machine failed and a frustrated production
      worker was on that machine when it failed, how do you deal with the production worker while you working to fix that machine as they tend to get more frustrated the longer the machine is down?

View Answer