John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

IT Part Time Student Interview

I applied online – interviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

I applied online and months later was woken up to a phone call from a project manager form Deere who wanted to interview me. We scheduled a time for that week. I came in, received a tour of the John Deere facility, and then sat down to interview. The interview was entirely behavioral, so know the STAR format. It was basically the whole interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be honest about your goals, personality, and teamwork skills.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Talked to them at school career fair, on-campus interview was next day and found out about 2nd round interview within two weeks. Was flown to Moline, IL to interview. Typical STAR interview model. They just want to make sure you're competent and have ability to learn.

Interview Questions
    • I had never been in a STAR type interview so it was a little hard to think of responses but as the interview proceeded, it go easier.   Answer Question

Skilled Trade Machine Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview is done by a supervisor and an engineer. Before the interview there is a test out phase at another off site location. After interview you will recieve a letter in the mail stating that you are hired upon completion of pre employment physical which will include a chest xray.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about if a machine failed and a frustrated production
      worker was on that machine when it failed, how do you deal with the production worker while you working to fix that machine as they tend to get more frustrated the longer the machine is down?

View Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

Based on the STAR method. If you know this going in, you will do fine. 3 or four separate interviewers in separate sessions . 4 hours total. Asking "tell me about a time when...." type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not perform well in your job and what you did about it...   View Answer
    took weeks to get an offer. -- offered more than I expected for vacation and pay... was surprised and didn't negotiate.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in March 2014.

Applied online and had one phone interview and one on-site interview at their corporate headquarters. Mostly all behavioral questions. They expect answers in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Nothing too rigorous.

Interview Questions
    • No case questions in my experience. Everything was behavioral and a little general preparation will help. Be sure to know about the company prior to the interview, as you should with any company you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Deere.

I met them at career fair and got an initial interview, went to their headquarters for the next round but was not selected

IT Early Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

Met up with recruiter at campus event, had an initial discussion followed by an onsite interview a few days later. This was then followed up with a phone interview and then finally an invitation for an interview at HQ. The HQ interview was about 4 hours with 3 different people all behavior/situation based questions. Overall not a bad process.

Interview Questions
    • Too long ago to recall exact questioning. They use the STAR approach for all questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere in February 2014.

A John Deere university coordinator contacting me within a week of submitting an application. We schedule a phone interview to cover the basic and to ensure that I was interested in the possible job roles that the job listing covered. We then scheduled a second round interview which consisted of a behavioral base questions.

"Please describe an event in which you displayed _____ ".

After the behavioral interview, the university coordinated schedule a final interview with the hiring manager of whatever team you will be joining.

So far the process has been smooth and to my liking.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe an event in which your enthusiasm for _____ didn't go well with others "   View Answer

Engineering Internship Interview

Submitted resume at local career fair. Following day was called for a local interview. After that, was flown down to Moline, Illinois for more interviews and a tour of corporate headquarters. 3 interviews in total, each one on one and behavior based. Interviewers were fellow engineers from varying disciplines and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of problem encountered while working in a group. Then explain how a solution was found.   Answer Question