John Deere

Updated Nov 25, 2014

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere.

Had a phone interview followed by a STAR type interview. First interview was done by the plant quality manager. The next round of the interview was a STAR type and was conducted by a group of 3. Since I was out of location , a teleconferencing was set up

Interview Questions
    • Teleconferencing interview, so I was not comfortable for that. Also I missed about asking questions to them as I got panicked.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online – interviewed at John Deere.

I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected

Part Time Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Very good. Was a smooth interview and they made you feel welcome. Ask tough questions but were very relative to the job. Only thing I wish they would have told me more about the job day-to-day and general information when I asked.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

Skilled Trade Machine Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Interview is done by a supervisor and an engineer. Before the interview there is a test out phase at another off site location. After interview you will recieve a letter in the mail stating that you are hired upon completion of pre employment physical which will include a chest xray.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about if a machine failed and a frustrated production
      worker was on that machine when it failed, how do you deal with the production worker while you working to fix that machine as they tend to get more frustrated the longer the machine is down?

View Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in January 2014.

Short phone interview followed by an onsite interview with 3 Program Managers. Those interviews were behavioral, i.e. "Talk about a time you ...". These relied heavily on project work and experience, as well as team work skills.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you disagreed with a team mate, and how did you resolve the issue.   View Answer

Quality Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

Went to career fair, handed in resume. Got called two weeks later telling me I had an interview at headquarters up in Moline IL, had to take time off class to go there. They call you the night before the interview to do a practice interview, which is nice. The actual interview is 3 different behavioral interviews, each about 4-5 questions. They tell you they're looking for STAR answers. They hair test if you work in IL, urine test if in IA.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing outside of the ordinary, they expect STAR answers for their behavioral questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation for intern

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere in October 2013.

Talked to the recruiters at my school's career fair. They look at your resume and immediately decide if they will invite you back for an on-campus interview the next day. You sign up for a time slot and prepare for your interview. The interview is pretty relaxed and totally behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time you worked in a group project and overcame a conflict, tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision, etc.). The interviewers (two of them at once) were very nice and helpful. If that interview goes well, you will be flown out to the headquarters in Moline, IL for a final interview. There you have two interviews, each with one person from your field, which are essentially the same type of questions from the first inverview. They will typically respond in a few weeks after your last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you made a decision in a group that you knew others would not be happy/agree with. Why did you do it and was it the right decision?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate - just accepted the offer.

Specifications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at John Deere in October 2013.

I felt very comfortable throughout the process. Gretchen was knowledgeable of the positions and what was going to be required of me in them. Prepped before any interview I had, including phone screenings. I always felt prepared was not just thrown into a job I had no skills for or interest in.

Interview Questions
    • When put into a difficult situation and the outcome was not what you wanted, how did you handle it and what would you do differently.   Answer Question

Service Parts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in April 2013.

Simple, and not very thorough. No comprehensive review of work duties and contact with important team members I would be working with. Took long time (several weeks) to get access to important tools used for effective performance.

Interview Questions
    • Poor training that impacted performance.   View Answer
    Pay established by job description, not experience.