John Deere

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Service Parts Analyst Interview

Service Parts Analyst
Ankeny, IA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in April 2013.

Interview Details – Simple, and not very thorough. No comprehensive review of work duties and contact with important team members I would be working with. Took long time (several weeks) to get access to important tools used for effective performance.

Interview Question – Poor training that impacted performance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay established by job description, not experience.

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Dubuque, IA

I interviewed at John Deere in May 2010.

Interview Details – One whole day, from breakfast when someone came to the hotel to pick up, then stopped by the HR department to meet the contact person, followed by the technical interviews with one-on-one interviews with department managers and others. SMART question-and-answer was used. Try to think about the past experiences where difficult situation and people were encountered.

Interview Question – What was most challenging situation in the past career?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Waterloo, IA

I applied online and interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected

Part Time Student Interview

Part Time Student
Waterloo, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – Very good. Was a smooth interview and they made you feel welcome. Ask tough questions but were very relative to the job. Only thing I wish they would have told me more about the job day-to-day and general information when I asked.

Skilled Trade Machine Maintenance Technician Interview

Skilled Trade Machine Maintenance Technician
Waterloo, IA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – Interview is done by a supervisor and an engineer. Before the interview there is a test out phase at another off site location. After interview you will recieve a letter in the mail stating that you are hired upon completion of pre employment physical which will include a chest xray.

Interview Question – I was asked about if a machine failed and a frustrated production
worker was on that machine when it failed, how do you deal with the production worker while you working to fix that machine as they tend to get more frustrated the longer the machine is down?
  View Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Waterloo, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in January 2014.

Interview Details – Short phone interview followed by an onsite interview with 3 Program Managers. Those interviews were behavioral, i.e. "Talk about a time you ...". These relied heavily on project work and experience, as well as team work skills.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you disagreed with a team mate, and how did you resolve the issue.   View Answer

Product Development Specialist Interview

Product Development Specialist
Waterloo, IA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at John Deere in March 2010.

Interview Details – Takes a long time, from the time I applied to actually started was around 2 months and I was lucky and got hired quickly. Some applicants will interview and get an offer 6 months later.
Start off with a personality test, no idea how well I did, good enough I guess. Next I interviewed with 3 interviewers that asked questions in specific areas each. After a couple of days I got a letter in the mail I was hired with a start date and directions on where to go. No offer was made on the phone, I was told I would get a call never received one.

Interview Question – I was asked very specific questions about electronic components and electronic schematic drawings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, this was for a union job.

Specifications Analyst Interview

Specifications Analyst
Cedar Falls, IA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at John Deere in October 2013.

Interview Details – I felt very comfortable throughout the process. Gretchen was knowledgeable of the positions and what was going to be required of me in them. Prepped before any interview I had, including phone screenings. I always felt prepared was not just thrown into a job I had no skills for or interest in.

Interview Question – When put into a difficult situation and the outcome was not what you wanted, how did you handle it and what would you do differently.   Answer Question

Part Time Student Interview

Part Time Student
Waterloo, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere in January 2012.

Interview Details – The initial contact was done through an email, which was followed up by an initial phone interview/screen. They just wanted to check my credentials. They followed through with all of the former employees I had listed on my resume, so make sure they are all legitimate. The face-to-face interview took place about a month later. It was in a small room and I was interviewed by 3 employees including my soon to be boss, his boss, and an HR representative. It was fairly intimidating, but they were friendly about it. Dress up as much as possible.

Interview Question – They asked a lot about team work and what I had done personally in the past to show that I can work well in a team. It was a difficult question to answer because they put you in a place where it might be necessary for you to brag a little about your past experiences. Personally, I wasn't very comfortable with this, but it worked out alright.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is a flat rate based on your school year for part-time students.

Interviews for Top Jobs at John Deere

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!

John Deere Videos

John Deere – Why Work for Us?

By 2050 the planet will be shared by another 2 billion people. Building technology to help feed, clothe and shelter the world is what we're all about at John Deere. A career at John Deere offers more than just… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at John Deere interview questions and advice in Iowa. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by John Deere employees and interview candidates.