John Deere

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Developer Interview

Urbandale, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring manager called me for a 20 minute quick screening. The screening was focused on whether we understood what each of us wanted. I then later had a on-campus panel interview: hiring manager and 2 other technical managers. The panel was focused purely on situational questions, "Tell me a time when...?" Second half of the on-campus interview was a pair programming exercise with a tech lead. The purpose was to see if I can actually code and do so in an agile way.

Interview Question – What would prevent you from accepting this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy. I countered and we settled for a sign-on bonus.

Assembly Interview

Assembly
Waterloo, IA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in February 2011.

Interview Details – online application then go to the company and take a apptitude test on computer if you pass you take a phiscal if you pass then you have an interview.

Interview Question – what would you do if you produced more parts then people on your crew that have been there longer and your supervisor tells the other coworkers why cant you get parts out like he does   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Area Sales Manager Interview

Area Sales Manager
Des Moines, IA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in May 2008.

Interview Details – Interviews are behavioral i.e. "Tell about a time when you...." type questions. Most times there are multiple interviers (the HR manager and hiring manager). The interviews are not easy....you must be prepared. I suggest you even bring a page of notes to remind you of things you've done so you can draw from that. Most people have no problem with you doing that.

Interview Question – I'm not sure....they are all hard,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negociate on vacation if you have a lot of experience. There is flexibility on salary too.

Engineering Development Program Interview

Waterloo, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for this job through my university's job board and upon talking with the company at the career fair received an interview on campus. My interview was 30 minutes long and consisted of behavioral questions (Ex. Describe a time when you led a team) and an overview of my resume. I was accepted for a second round interview at the company which was a 6 hour event consisting of two, one-on-one interviews with engineers (comprised of behavioral questions) and then a tour of the facilities and lunch. I was offered the job a month later and was given one month to provide my decision.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were able to effectively communicate a difficult or unpleasant idea to a superior.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Waterloo, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at John Deere in October 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume, there was a general interview with their HR manager. Then the company invited me to their headquarter to do the second interview which takes 1 day. 1:1 interview (almost the same as the first one) is about 1 hours. And there was a site tour after all. Few days later I heard back from them.

Interview Question – What is your biggest strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Welding Engineer Interview

Des Moines, IA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at John Deere in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was with the stars method. A tour and presentation on lean manufacturing

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a team were there is a conflict   View Answer
  • What is your favorable welding process   View Answer

Reason for Declining – offer was too low

Very Easy Interview

Product Engineer Interview

Waterloo, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at John Deere in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview and onsite interview with 4 people.

Interview Question – Name a time when you weren't successful and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as this was my first job out of college.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Waterloo, IA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in August 2008.

Interview Details – The overall experience was positive. The company required two rounds of interviews. The first interview was on campus and lasted 40 minutes. Interview questions followed the STAR approach, which stands for Situation, Task, Action, and Result. The questions were behavior based. During the second round, the questions were formatted the same. I had to interview with three individuals at John Deere's world head quarters. The entire trip was positive and required little planning on my end. The Human Resources office was very helpful during my entire employment. For the internship, I was paid $2,970/monthly.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time that you have failed to meet a deadline. How did you react during that time?   Answer Question

Part Time Student Interview

Part Time Student
Waterloo, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR to interview. The interview was with a manager and co-worker in the group I would be working in. The questions were all behavioral about myself. Fairly laid back and enjoyable.

Interview Question – Tell me one of your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Part-Time Student Interview

Part-Time Student
Waterloo, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at John Deere in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 2 people. 1 was my future boss and the other was a random person. Interview consisted of a site tour and then the two men asked questions just about me and my skills

Interview Question – What computer skills do you have   Answer Question