John Deere Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere.

Was interviewed on the spot at SHPE National Conference. Received notice within 2 weeks and was flown to Moline for interviews with multiple managers. While in Moline, we toured World Headquarters and spoke with many new-hires and rotational-program engineers. After the 2nd round interviews, another 2-4 weeks before I was notified that I received an internship. Make sure to collect business cards because most of the HR I emailed did not have their phone numbers in their signature lines.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult question was "name a time when you submitted a project/assignment late, how did you handle that situation"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Manufacturing Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

Initial contact was made at school career fair. About a month later I was invited to interview at headquarters. They paid for all expenses. At headquarters there where two 1:1 interviews. They were both behavioral style questions.

Interview Questions
    • -Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult group.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in August 2008.

The overall experience was positive. The company required two rounds of interviews. The first interview was on campus and lasted 40 minutes. Interview questions followed the STAR approach, which stands for Situation, Task, Action, and Result. The questions were behavior based. During the second round, the questions were formatted the same. I had to interview with three individuals at John Deere's world head quarters. The entire trip was positive and required little planning on my end. The Human Resources office was very helpful during my entire employment. For the internship, I was paid $2,970/monthly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time that you have failed to meet a deadline. How did you react during that time?   Answer Question