John Deere

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dubuque, IA

I interviewed at John Deere in May 2010.

Interview Details – One whole day, from breakfast when someone came to the hotel to pick up, then stopped by the HR department to meet the contact person, followed by the technical interviews with one-on-one interviews with department managers and others. SMART question-and-answer was used. Try to think about the past experiences where difficult situation and people were encountered.

Interview Question – What was most challenging situation in the past career?   Answer Question

Waterloo, IA

I applied online and interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected

Interviewed at John Deere

Interview Details – Typical interview process with HR & Hiring manager

Interview Question – Typical questions regarding experience, strength & weaknesses   Answer Question

Product Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – Targeted Selection - Situation, Task, Action, Results (STAR).

Interview Question – Varies   View Answer

Waterloo, IA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere in September 2012.

Interview Details – Met with recruiters at a College Fair. I was invited to an information session which was held a week later. 2 days after the information session I received a phone call to schedule the initial interview. The initial interview was held at a John Deere office just off campus. A week after the interview I was told that I had been selected for the second interview which was to be held at John Deere World Headquarters in Moline, IL. They paid for my bus trip as well as the hotel and for food over the trip. The second round of interviews involved meeting two engineers near their headquarters, followed by a tour of their headquarters.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you worked in a group and had a problem with another person that you were working with. How did you deal with the situation and what was the result   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received an offer from another company which offered a better location, salary, and had a better reputation in my field.

Penn State University, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at John Deere in September 2012.

Interview Details – Meet recruiters at a university career fair. All of the recruiters were very knowledgeable about the company and all had great things to say about the company. I was offered an interview opportunity which I took. It was my first every interview so I was not prepared at all and that eventually led to me not getting a job offer. The interview was composed of all situational questions. If you will be interviewing with this company come prepared with answers to many of the generic situational questions and you will be fine.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you were in a group and someone did not pull their load.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Waterloo, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at John Deere in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview and onsite interview with 4 people.

Interview Question – Name a time when you weren't successful and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as this was my first job out of college.

Product Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details – Basic STAR Method

Tell me about a time when....

Negotiation Details – If its enough for you then do not negotiate but if you want more it never hurts to ask.

Product Engineer

The process took 3 days - interviewed at John Deere in December 2007.

Interview Details – the interview was STAR based. You had to give a situation, the time of the situation, the action you took and the result of the action. Pretty much you had to say what you did as an individual and not as a group.

Interview Question – tell us what is the most difficult decision you had to make and why?   View Answer

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!