John Deere

Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

Started off with a simple 30 minute behavioral interview, then called in for a 2nd round technical interview. Not very tough, very casual and relaxed environment. Recruiters were very pleasant and responded promptly to any questions or concerns I had

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral type questions were asked (strengths, weakness, experience in teams, etc.)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online – interviewed at John Deere.

I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected

Typical interview process with HR & Hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions regarding experience, strength & weaknesses   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Targeted Selection - Situation, Task, Action, Results (STAR).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at John Deere in September 2012.

Meet recruiters at a university career fair. All of the recruiters were very knowledgeable about the company and all had great things to say about the company. I was offered an interview opportunity which I took. It was my first every interview so I was not prepared at all and that eventually led to me not getting a job offer. The interview was composed of all situational questions. If you will be interviewing with this company come prepared with answers to many of the generic situational questions and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you were in a group and someone did not pull their load.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere in September 2012.

Met with recruiters at a College Fair. I was invited to an information session which was held a week later. 2 days after the information session I received a phone call to schedule the initial interview. The initial interview was held at a John Deere office just off campus. A week after the interview I was told that I had been selected for the second interview which was to be held at John Deere World Headquarters in Moline, IL. They paid for my bus trip as well as the hotel and for food over the trip. The second round of interviews involved meeting two engineers near their headquarters, followed by a tour of their headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you worked in a group and had a problem with another person that you were working with. How did you deal with the situation and what was the result   Answer Question

I received an offer from another company which offered a better location, salary, and had a better reputation in my field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

interviewed at John Deere in May 2010.

One whole day, from breakfast when someone came to the hotel to pick up, then stopped by the HR department to meet the contact person, followed by the technical interviews with one-on-one interviews with department managers and others. SMART question-and-answer was used. Try to think about the past experiences where difficult situation and people were encountered.

Interview Questions
    • What was most challenging situation in the past career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Deere in April 2009.

Phone interview and onsite interview with 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you weren't successful and what did you do about it.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as this was my first job out of college.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

Basic STAR Method

Tell me about a time when....

If its enough for you then do not negotiate but if you want more it never hurts to ask.

Product Engineer Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at John Deere in December 2007.

the interview was STAR based. You had to give a situation, the time of the situation, the action you took and the result of the action. Pretty much you had to say what you did as an individual and not as a group.

Interview Questions
    • tell us what is the most difficult decision you had to make and why?   View Answer