Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at John Deere
- Intern (24)
- Product Engineer (12)
- Engineer (8)
- Part Time Student (7)
- Senior Engineer (6)
- Engineering (4)
- Engineering Intern (4)
- Senior Design Engineer (4)
- Graduate Engineer Trainee (4)
- Supply Management (3)
- Part-Time Student (3)
- Quality Engineer (3)
- Accounting Intern (3)
- Assembler (3)
- Human Resources Representative (2)
- Information Technology (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Software Engineer (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Manufacturing Engineer (2)
- Manufacturing Engineering Intern (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Embedded Software Engineer (2)
- Firmware Engineer (2)
- IT Business Analyst (2)
- Material Coordinator (2)
- Mechanical Engineer (2)
- Territory Manager (2)
- Supply Management Intern (2)
- Manager (2)
Product Engineer Interview
I applied online – interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).
I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.
- Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution Answer Question
Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected
Other Interview Reviews for John Deere
Product Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in September 2012.
Met with recruiters at a College Fair. I was invited to an information session which was held a week later. 2 days after the information session I received a phone call to schedule the initial interview. The initial interview was held at a John Deere office just off campus. A week after the interview I was told that I had been selected for the second interview which was to be held at John Deere World Headquarters in Moline, IL. They paid for my bus trip as well as the hotel and for food over the trip. The second round of interviews involved meeting two engineers near their headquarters, followed by a tour of their headquarters.
- Describe a situation in which you worked in a group and had a problem with another person that you were working with. How did you deal with the situation and what was the result Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I received an offer from another company which offered a better location, salary, and had a better reputation in my field.
Product Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
interviewed at John Deere (Dubuque, IA) in May 2010.
One whole day, from breakfast when someone came to the hotel to pick up, then stopped by the HR department to meet the contact person, followed by the technical interviews with one-on-one interviews with department managers and others. SMART question-and-answer was used. Try to think about the past experiences where difficult situation and people were encountered.
- What was most challenging situation in the past career? Answer Question
Product Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in April 2009.
Phone interview and onsite interview with 4 people.
- Name a time when you weren't successful and what did you do about it. Answer Question
I did not negotiate as this was my first job out of college.