John Deere

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Summer Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL
Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere in December 2010.

I made initial contact at a career fair, a simple resume drop with little conversation. I applied online within a week to an intern position and two weeks later I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about half an hour and consisted of general introductions and STAR format questions about experience listed on my resume. At the end of this call I was scheduled for an on-site interview taking place one month later. Nine other candidates were interviewed at the same time. We had two one-on-one interviews, each lasting about 45 minutes. They consisted of STAR format behavioral questions and were not especially difficult. After that, we were taken on a company tour. The people there seemed happy with their jobs and comfortable in their environment, though not ecstatic. The benefits for interns were good - housing, development programs, mentorship.

Interview Questions
  • Using the STAR format, describe a time when you faced a difficulty on a group project and how you handled it.   Answer Question