John Deere

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Engineering Intern Interview

Moline, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at John Deere in December 2010.

Interview Details – I made initial contact at a career fair, a simple resume drop with little conversation. I applied online within a week to an intern position and two weeks later I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about half an hour and consisted of general introductions and STAR format questions about experience listed on my resume. At the end of this call I was scheduled for an on-site interview taking place one month later. Nine other candidates were interviewed at the same time. We had two one-on-one interviews, each lasting about 45 minutes. They consisted of STAR format behavioral questions and were not especially difficult. After that, we were taken on a company tour. The people there seemed happy with their jobs and comfortable in their environment, though not ecstatic. The benefits for interns were good - housing, development programs, mentorship.

Interview Question – Using the STAR format, describe a time when you faced a difficulty on a group project and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at John Deere

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!

John Deere Videos

John Deere – Why Work for Us?

By 2050 the planet will be shared by another 2 billion people. Building technology to help feed, clothe and shelter the world is what we're all about at John Deere. A career at John Deere offers more than just… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at John Deere Summer Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by John Deere employees and interview candidates.