John Hancock

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at John Hancock in October 2011.

Phone interview, followed by 3 separate onsite visits including meetings with direct manager, a senior manager, 2 peripheral people[, then with 3 potential coworkers. Went really well until final interview. It was clear that one of the coworkers had a hidden agenda. The questions from that individual were geared toward the negative. After the many hours I spent interviewing, I did not hear back from HR. I finally called them after 2 weeks and was told they hired internally. The reason given was that I did not have specific experience in one area that NEVER CAME UP and was not included in the job description. I felt the HR person was embarrassed when he told me about the decision. I was very disappointed and felt that if the plan was to hire internally, it should have been made clear to me. Given the number of people I spoke with, I really should have received better feedback and a more immediate response to my application.

Interview Questions