John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Interview

Operations

Interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock

Interview Details – Came in as a temp so the interview process was pretty basic as the temp agency does the initial screening; met with two managers, discussed my background, and a few scenario questions, but mostly questions like "tell me about a time that...." Was eventually made into a permanent employee without any further interviews.

Interview Question – What's your weakest attribute and what have you done to change that weakness?   Answer Question

Computer Consultant Interview

Computer Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in January 2009.

Interview Details – 1:1 meeting with peer and manager

Interview Question – None difficult or unexpected - no "interview games" like at some companies such as sell me this pen, which is stupid.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pay well if you are experienced and back up that experience with good work

Financial Advisor Representative Interview

Financial Advisor Representative

Interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock

Interview Details – The hiring interview went on for several hours as they were eager to tell me about all the educational opportunities available at the firm. The hiring process was basic to the industry. You are on your own to build your business with assistance from management and weekly training meetings.

Interview Question – There wasn't one...they need salespeople   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in June 2012.

Interview Details – Ridiculous number of interviews and follow ups. Took over three months.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Better commission pay-out and bonus,

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock.

Interview Details – Applied through the online portal and was contacted via email for a first round interview at one of the Boston office right next to Copley Square. Interviewed first with the general director of the intern program. It was a standard interview, did not get any curveballs, though the interviewer was kind of hard to read. After about a week and half, I was contacted again via email for a second round interview with my specific manager. She basically asked me more specific questions that were geared towards understanding how I would fit into her department. After that interview, it was narrowed down between two candidates and I was contacted again through email for a final interview at the Boston headquarters.

Interview Question – I did not receive any difficult questions. They were all mostly about myself and my abilities and personal preferences   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in March 2009.

Interview Details – interviewed a few years ago - so the process has changed significantly since that point. A new candidate will be screened first by phone and then meet with one of the division managers. They will typically have them meet with one or two in the field including a RM and an RVP. After that, they will bring in to a regional office for a interview and to conduct a presentation for management.

Interview Question – Tell me a story........   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Formal written offer. Counter offer. They sent 1 more formal offer and increased base pay.

New Account Specialist Interview

New Account Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in March 2009.

Interview Details – Question of how I would handle dealing with accuracy of redemption of millions of dollars for customers

Interview Question – Do you ever make a mistake   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was placed from an agency. Interviewed with HR and then the direct reporting manager and the person I'd be working with.

Interview Question – I didn't get any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Project Director Interview

Project Director
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very streamlined but the actual interviews are not that structured. They don't use personality tests.

Interview Question – Did not face any such questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Big Companies don't negotiate much.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Internal Wholesaler
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred in by an existing external wholesaler, even though they were looking for someone with 3 years experience and all their liscenses (right out of college I had neither). I had a very basic phone interview and was asked to come in for a half day interview. Met with sales managers & current internals. Wasn't my best interview and never got a call back even after I followed up with them.

Interview Question – What is your favorite fund of ours, why you are excited about it, and role play selling it to us   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock

See What John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock Employees Are Saying

Former Compliance Associate in Boston, MA

Pros: “The culture and value of the company is something I have not been able to match in other companies. I worked with people who were professional and willing to work as a team.” Full Review

Worked for John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock? Contribute to the Community!

John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock Videos

John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are From our humble beginnings in 1862 as a four person company formed in a single room, the name John Hancock, one of our nation's forefathers and the inspiration for our company, has long stood for integrity… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock interview questions and advice. All 73 interview reviews posted anonymously by John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock employees and interview candidates.