John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in March 2011.

Interview Details – scrumptious and fun

Interview Questions

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in July 2010.

Interview Details – After viewing the online hiring offer I called the HR to ask few questions and then we scheduled a interview. there was one 1:1 interview and a personality test online.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – It was not a perfect fit for me.

Actuarial Interview

Actuarial
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very relaxed and open ended, be sure to sell yourself and highlight strengths.

Know why you want to enter the field of Actuaries and know about the exams you have to take.

Interview Question – Describe a past challenge?   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Accounting Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in June 2009.

Interview Details – I got a call from HR and was asked to come in for an interview. My first round of interview was 3:1 including a director of acounting and two ppl from the finance department. The interview was intensive. Just because the position was for an internship and they knew that students always overstate things so they tried to dig my answers so that they could know that if I'm telling truth or not. I actually said everything truth. I actually did understate myself. But they loved me being honest so they invited me to the next round.

Interview Question – Most of students say lies in interviews, and how we know you are not telling us lies.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in April 2008.

Interview Details – The position was created for me after the informational interview with a head of IT department. There were no position at the time so the interview was very informal and focused only on the information sharing. After the interview ended I received notice from the HR department that there would be a new position created for me in this department. The job description was basically what I described as perfect job for me.

Negotiation Details – I received a very competitive package but I was not able to negotiate

LTC Claims Interview

LTC Claims
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in May 2010.

Interview Details – the staffing agency in down town boston interviewed me and then looked for positions that they thought might be a good match for me for a few weeks. I got a call from my staffing agent, who had set up an interview with John Hancock. She told me about the position and sent me an email to prepare me for the interview. i went to the interview and wowed the guy who is now going to be my manager.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Annuity Service Representative Interview

Annuity Service Representative
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in January 2010.

Interview Details – This is an entry level fir fresh graduate and is done in campus. Bascually it just ask you about your oecious workbexpernce and what you learnt from that. Very standard. Well, I am the first interviewer at 6:00 am so they were kind of laid back. Very easy and then they bring u to visit the firm a week later after u accept theboffer.

Interview Question – Tell me about your previous job   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in May 2010.

Interview Details – I received a call a month or so after completing my application. Recruiter went through the basics of my resume and asked me to come in for an interview. The first interview, which was about 45 minutes, was with their marketing and recruitment coordinator. She walked me through the basic details of what the position consisted of. I was then given the opportunity to ask questions and that was pretty much it. The second interview was with the Sales Manager who would serve as a "mentor" for new associates during the training process. This conversation lasted about an hour and a half. He went through the details of the position in much more detail and once again gave me the opportunity to ask questions. He asked me to come back for a third interview where they would offer me the position and allow me to begin studying for my financial licenses. At no point in either conversation was I asked behavioral or situational questions. The only questions I was asked were about my resume and if I was interested in the position. It was at this point that I decided to decline the offer.

Interview Question – What is a 12b-1 fee on a mutual fund?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Base salary of 12K for first year with all other income based on commissions. I decided that I did not want to work in a commission based position.

Associate Actuary Interview

Associate Actuary
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in November 2008.

Interview Details – phone screen then on site.

Interview Question – Technical question I do not know   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate

Finance Interview

Finance
Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock in February 2010.

Interview Details – Went through a phone screening, then 2.5 hours of 1st round, then a final round of another 2 hours. Was told throughout the entire process that I was the top candidate. Then after a few weeks found out I did not get the job through automated email. Then a week later got a call from HR saying it was given to an internal hire. The HR communication throughout the process was subpar, and I wasted two vacation days at my current employer to interview. Complete waste of time as I was strung along the entire time only to a job that was already filled by an internal candidiate. Do not waste your time with interviewing with them especially if its a job that is newly created. It is already filled internally, there is really no need to interview externally if the job is already given to someone internally.

Interview Question – 5 year plan   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock

See What John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock Employees Are Saying

Current Director in Boston, MA

Pros: “Top notch talent and innovative processes. Willing to pay for expertise and ensure training remains a high priority.” Full Review

Worked for John Hancock Financial Services| John Hancock? Contribute to the Community!