John Hancock Interview Questions & Reviews

79 interviews

2.7

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at John Hancock in September 2013.

Written assessment test; interview with directors with usual interview questions. Prepare examples of your past achievement and why you want this job. Know your resume very well and be ready to answer any questions from your resume.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deliver bad news to your boss? How do you work with strong personality?   Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Hancock.

I applied through their online portal and through my university's online process (Hancock hires many students from my school). They got back to me within a week for a quick phone screening, and then scheduled my interview for the following week. I spoke with two sets of two people. The first part of the interview was more of a generic type. They asked me about things on my resume, outside interests, other working experience, pretty standard questions for an entry level position. The second interview was a technical interview. I was asked about specific domain knowledge about Excel, Access, and other oft-used programs for the job. I was also asked to solve a logic problem (calculating the degrees between hands on a clock at a certain time).

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were straightforward, the only one that required some real thinking was the logic problem. As long as you keep your head on your shoulders and know at least a little about Excel, none of them should be particularly hard to answer.   Answer Question
    Since it was a co-op position facilitated by my university, there was no negotiations about salary. It was solely based on prior experience and exams passed.

Mutual Funds Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portsmouth, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at John Hancock in January 2014.

Was asked basic behavioral questions, including how I handled a difficult customer in the past, what I do to relieve stress etc. Only was interviewed once and was offered the job a couple days later. The interview was simple, just make sure you know you'r resume front and back. I had a good time working for JH as the people there were very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation in which a customer were to be irate at a failed service?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at John Hancock in January 2013.

Fairly simple - 3 rounds - Each interviewer asked behavioral questions surrounding previous experiences. They wanted to know what type of person you are (Type A or Type B). The key is to act motivated and excited to be there.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Addison, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at John Hancock in March 2014.

The interview process was very laid back. It seemed as though they needed to convince me that I wanted the job more than me convincing them I was a good candidate. The process was pretty informal and while the offices were very nice I didn't get the feeling the place was for me.

Not enough pay. No guaranteed pay.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at John Hancock in July 2010.

There were 4 interviews in total, the first one with HR (basic background question), the second two meetings were basically the same, but with two different Underwriting Mangers (mostly behavioral questions), the 3rd one was with the head of the Underwriting Dept. (mostly personal questions) the last was a skills test and formal paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • The skills test was a 15 min timed quiz with SAT like questions, including, math, writing, analytical, grammar, etc, (allowed to use a calculator)   View Answer
    Little negotiation - base pay was 51,000

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Inquired about the job. Received a call back for an interview. The first interview consisted of an interview with the hiring manager. I was called in for a second interview which included an a follow up with the hiring manager, their director and the VP of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Given the tough deadlines our department faces, how do you handle stress.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at John Hancock in March 2011.

The interview process was fairly informal. I met with HR and 2 VPs. Both were nice. Nothing technical. All behavioral.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at John Hancock in March 2014.

Standard

Interview Questions

This is an entry level position selling life insurance. High turnover

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Hancock.

The interview process was pretty lax. It is a multi-step interviewing process. The fellow that was interviewing me did a spectacular job at clarifying expectations and differences that should be anticipated while working for John Hancock versus other financial institutions. Financial planning is not exactly my interest, but, after talking things over, I could definitely consider making a career out of it.

Worked for John Hancock? Contribute to the Community!