John Hancock

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.6

Network Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at John Hancock.

My resume was online and quite a few head hunters called me about this job. I was told based on the job requirement and my resume it fit hand in glove. Due to they were moving they had to put off the interview for 2 weeks. When I showed up they told me they loved my resume. They told me a few of the requirements and I outlined what I did for that. I guess I really impressed them because I was offered the job right there on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about risk assessment?   View Answer
    The headhunters did it for me

CPA Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Hancock.

2 30 minute interviews at school with 2 different people. Interviewed with the man in charge of the development program and with a woman from HR. Very nice and laid back interviewers. About a week before getting contacted for second round of interviews which take place at their office in Boston. 2nd set of interviews include a half day of being at their company from 8-2.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were extremely difficult. Asked about who else I was interviewing with, describe a specific role I played in a group project, most difficult situation I dealt with at my previous job, asked if I was looking at Big 4 companies & why, describe yourself, talk about responsibilities at previous jobs, why did you choose your major, why did you choose your minor. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

CPA Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Hancock.

Back to back interview, 30 minutes each. One interviewer went over your resume and asked questions about your experience. The other one asked more specific qualification questions and behavior questions such as why this program, why John Hancock, give me a example to show how do you work in a team.

Interview Questions
    • no very difficult question. very basic and common behavior questions.   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at John Hancock.

many behavioral questions, make sure to get info about the firm. The process ranged from anywhere between less than a week to over a month depending on the department.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. Be prepared and show off what you know.   Answer Question

Assist Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at John Hancock.

They asked the obvious questions and answered to the best of my ability. I went to the place and put in for the assistant manager position and the lady was really nice. She told me that they'll call me and i had the second interview about one week later

Investment Advisor Representative Interview

Hires based on personality. If you have no sales experience, but you're very personable then the manager may offer you a position. and other managers will hire only based on experience. But since it is a sales position, they will mass hire

Interview Questions
    • Give an experience of a time when a customer was unsatisfied and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Hancock.

I applied through their online portal and through my university's online process (Hancock hires many students from my school). They got back to me within a week for a quick phone screening, and then scheduled my interview for the following week. I spoke with two sets of two people. The first part of the interview was more of a generic type. They asked me about things on my resume, outside interests, other working experience, pretty standard questions for an entry level position. The second interview was a technical interview. I was asked about specific domain knowledge about Excel, Access, and other oft-used programs for the job. I was also asked to solve a logic problem (calculating the degrees between hands on a clock at a certain time).

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were straightforward, the only one that required some real thinking was the logic problem. As long as you keep your head on your shoulders and know at least a little about Excel, none of them should be particularly hard to answer.   Answer Question
    Since it was a co-op position facilitated by my university, there was no negotiations about salary. It was solely based on prior experience and exams passed.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Hancock.

The interview process was pretty lax. It is a multi-step interviewing process. The fellow that was interviewing me did a spectacular job at clarifying expectations and differences that should be anticipated while working for John Hancock versus other financial institutions. Financial planning is not exactly my interest, but, after talking things over, I could definitely consider making a career out of it.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Hancock.

Strong analytical underwriting shop. Phone interview, in person interview. Underwriting evaluation of the underwriting skills via case review of formal and informal case.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at John Hancock in March 2014.

Standard

Interview Questions

This is an entry level position selling life insurance. High turnover