John Hancock Interview Questions

2.6

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at John Hancock in June 2012.

Ridiculous number of interviews and follow ups. Took over three months.

Interview Questions
    Better commission pay-out and bonus,

Workflow Coordinator LTC Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Hancock in June 2012.

Met with multiple managers during the process. Initial promises of challenging tasks and "special projects" which would require you to work with various departments throughout the company. These "special projects" ended up being simple filing and mindless work. Although the people are nice, the work is depressing as no real thought is required.

Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at John Hancock in April 2012.

Was called for an interview and decided to take it even though I was not thrilled about doing sales. Interview was relaxed and informative, with back and forth questions. Worried mostly about personality. Afterwards felt like the opportunity was a lot more promising than i initially intended

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Hancock in March 2012.

I applied for the internship online and got a call back from HR to set up for a phone screen. The phone screen wasn't too bad, behavioral questions. Then I was asked right away to meet with HR for a 1:1 in-person interview. The 1:1 HR interview were more behavioral questions. Lastly, there was a 1:1 interview with the manager for the department I was assigned to. This interview was more relaxed and I was just asked about why I wanted the job, why john hancock, and basically answering any questions the manager had about my experiences and what I can offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at John Hancock in March 2012.

Went over resume asking about projects, past experience, and education. First round of interviews, second round is with your potential manager/boss.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Hancock in November 2011.

Interview process was very different from what I had experienced previously. In the first round, I met with 5 directors in a 1.5 hour interview, where all of them sat and asked me questions altogether. Then for the second round, I met 5 analyst (junior folks!) for a 1.5 hour interview (same format). The interview questions were mostly behavioral (some were technical). Interviewers were very pleasant and patient and gave me a good overview of the company and the job.

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at John Hancock in October 2011.

Phone interview, followed by 3 separate onsite visits including meetings with direct manager, a senior manager, 2 peripheral people[, then with 3 potential coworkers. Went really well until final interview. It was clear that one of the coworkers had a hidden agenda. The questions from that individual were geared toward the negative. After the many hours I spent interviewing, I did not hear back from HR. I finally called them after 2 weeks and was told they hired internally. The reason given was that I did not have specific experience in one area that NEVER CAME UP and was not included in the job description. I felt the HR person was embarrassed when he told me about the decision. I was very disappointed and felt that if the plan was to hire internally, it should have been made clear to me. Given the number of people I spoke with, I really should have received better feedback and a more immediate response to my application.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

The process took a dayinterviewed at John Hancock in July 2011.

Met with two managers and was asked general open ended questions about experience, skills, and reasons for applying for position.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Hancock in May 2011.

Phone interview, followed by 5 interviews one day, 2 interviews with senior management second round (both rounds at main office in South Boston). Declined offer due to formal dress code, longer hours (8-5 with expectations to come in early), inconvenient location, no support for occasional work from home, and pay offered was same as my current job, which doesn't have these drawbacks. Interviews went well, and everyone I met with was friendly and professional; however, I felt the company culture and policies as a whole were not very progressive, and decided that I was not interested in working for the company in any position.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your ideas for value-add items we could provide to our clients?   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Hancock in May 2011.

I was referred in by an existing external wholesaler, even though they were looking for someone with 3 years experience and all their liscenses (right out of college I had neither). I had a very basic phone interview and was asked to come in for a half day interview. Met with sales managers & current internals. Wasn't my best interview and never got a call back even after I followed up with them.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite fund of ours, why you are excited about it, and role play selling it to us   Answer Question