John Hancock Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.6

Workflow Coordinator LTC Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Hancock in June 2012.

Interview

Met with multiple managers during the process. Initial promises of challenging tasks and "special projects" which would require you to work with various departments throughout the company. These "special projects" ended up being simple filing and mindless work. Although the people are nice, the work is depressing as no real thought is required.

Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at John Hancock (Warwick, RI) in April 2012.

Interview

Was called for an interview and decided to take it even though I was not thrilled about doing sales. Interview was relaxed and informative, with back and forth questions. Worried mostly about personality. Afterwards felt like the opportunity was a lot more promising than i initially intended

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for the internship online and got a call back from HR to set up for a phone screen. The phone screen wasn't too bad, behavioral questions. Then I was asked right away to meet with HR for a 1:1 in-person interview. The 1:1 HR interview were more behavioral questions. Lastly, there was a 1:1 interview with the manager for the department I was assigned to. This interview was more relaxed and I was just asked about why I wanted the job, why john hancock, and basically answering any questions the manager had about my experiences and what I can offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Went over resume asking about projects, past experience, and education. First round of interviews, second round is with your potential manager/boss.

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 managers. The HR part of the interview at the end seemed a little rushed. I appreciated have time for 1 on one discussions at lunch which gave me a good feel for the company. I felt it looked like a good company to work for and even though I was not offered a job from that interview I was was going to keep applying for other jobs but got an offer elsewhere so that ended my job search

Interview Questions

• They were interested in technicals skills and products I worked on. The LTC area seemed to be an area where there was opportunity for someone with detailed expertise in pricing valuation and review of experience data.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview process was very different from what I had experienced previously. In the first round, I met with 5 directors in a 1.5 hour interview, where all of them sat and asked me questions altogether. Then for the second round, I met 5 analyst (junior folks!) for a 1.5 hour interview (same format). The interview questions were mostly behavioral (some were technical). Interviewers were very pleasant and patient and gave me a good overview of the company and the job.

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by 3 separate onsite visits including meetings with direct manager, a senior manager, 2 peripheral people[, then with 3 potential coworkers. Went really well until final interview. It was clear that one of the coworkers had a hidden agenda. The questions from that individual were geared toward the negative. After the many hours I spent interviewing, I did not hear back from HR. I finally called them after 2 weeks and was told they hired internally. The reason given was that I did not have specific experience in one area that NEVER CAME UP and was not included in the job description. I felt the HR person was embarrassed when he told me about the decision. I was very disappointed and felt that if the plan was to hire internally, it should have been made clear to me. Given the number of people I spoke with, I really should have received better feedback and a more immediate response to my application.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at John Hancock (Portsmouth, NH) in July 2011.

Interview

Met with two managers and was asked general open ended questions about experience, skills, and reasons for applying for position.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by 5 interviews one day, 2 interviews with senior management second round (both rounds at main office in South Boston). Declined offer due to formal dress code, longer hours (8-5 with expectations to come in early), inconvenient location, no support for occasional work from home, and pay offered was same as my current job, which doesn't have these drawbacks. Interviews went well, and everyone I met with was friendly and professional; however, I felt the company culture and policies as a whole were not very progressive, and decided that I was not interested in working for the company in any position.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your ideas for value-add items we could provide to our clients?   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

I was referred in by an existing external wholesaler, even though they were looking for someone with 3 years experience and all their liscenses (right out of college I had neither). I had a very basic phone interview and was asked to come in for a half day interview. Met with sales managers & current internals. Wasn't my best interview and never got a call back even after I followed up with them.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite fund of ours, why you are excited about it, and role play selling it to us   Answer Question