John Muir Health Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

First interview was over the phone, second was in person with a couple of managers, started about 2 weeks later. Smooth process. Completed a background check. Had to get flu shots in order to work in the hospital building.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Hospital Project Management (and similar) Fairly easy questions if you have had experience in the job - not trying to trip you up on the interview. Tell us about an experience that you had to mitigate a project risk. Tell us about the project tools you have experience with. Tell us about the project you did on your last job.   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

HR interview panel of 4. 2nd interview panel of 3 including Dr. Looking for the assistant. HR asked all of the administrative questions. Provider asked all of the clinical questions. Questions were just coming at me one after another, not much time to think. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. Left feeling very confident!

Interview Questions

• If we contact your present supervisor, what would they say about you?   1 Answer
    • How can you tell on a urine dip that a patient has a uti   1 Answer
    • What intramuscular injections have you given?   1 Answer
    • What is the intramuscular injection site muscle called?   1 Answer
    • What is a normal 02sat? When will you alert the Dr?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was excited to be called back for a second interview with the hiring manager. The second interview included a skills test & a meeting with other staff members. I thought it went well & when I left she indicated they were just looking for the right fit & would get back to us within a week or two. I sent thank you notes and a follow-up note, but was never contacted again. I assume they hired another candidate, but I think it is unprofessional and disrespectful that they did not, at least send a "thanks, but no thanks" note.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unusual. Behavioral question: how would you handle a situation where you were busy with closing the books and someone had an urgent ad hoc request? There was also a basic accounting test.   Answer Question

E R Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

A great interview and was treated very professional

Medical Assistant for Physician's Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I didn't quite make it to the interview section as I failed the skills test. The test that I took (there are two separate tests that you could take) consisted of questions regarding needle size, EKG lead placement, some medical definitions, and a few questions on certain diseases. (The EKG questions got me...I have not done one in years! Yikes). You are allowed to get 4 wrong out of 20 in order to pass. You take the test in the waiting room and if you fail you can re try right then and there or reschedule the test. If you retake it there you are excused and cannot re apply for 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Where are EKG leads placed (not the exact question, but pretty close)?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Muir Health in June 2007.

Interview

I basically walked in with my qualifications, spoke to HR and she sent me to the hiring management on my floor. I was immediately offered the job and I accepted the position the same day. I started work within 3 weeks. But, the interviewer must bear in mind that I went through this process 4 years ago. The market for nurses is much different now.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for your future if you are hired in this position, are you anticipating changing departments quickly?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation involved because I was quite satisfied with the initial offer, however I did ask outright for relocation assistance, which they provided without very much "arm twisting".

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Apply online. A recruiter will contact you and ask generalized questions about yourself and experience. Then if selected, you will meet with three members of the department for three 30 minute interviews. You may also meet with the VP of finance and the VP of revenue and the VP of analytics. If they move forward with you, you will speak to a hiring manager. finally you will be offered the job roughly two weeks after the previous interview. Entire process can take up to 2 months so be patient

Interview Questions

• Describing ways to implement cost reducing activities in the healthcare industry in general, in addition to the comapny   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health in August 2009.

Interview

There is an initial interview with HR, if this is passed, then the next level is with the manager. The job offer comes from the HR department. Expect a two week minimum process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer