John Q. Hammons
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at John Q. Hammons
- Night Auditor (3)
- Director of Sales (2)
- Catering Manager (1)
- Human Resources Assistant (1)
- Food and Beverage Manager (1)
- Banquet Server (1)
- Manager (1)
- Set Up (1)
Director of Sales Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks – interviewed at John Q. Hammons in August 2012.
Expect to interview with several layers- Total Process was 40 Days from start to finish- met with GM, AGM, RDOS, Regional VP of Ops, VP of Sales and member of the ownership group
- "If i was a dog what kind of dog would I be." Some of the questions were out of the role and more to understand what kind of person you are. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for John Q. Hammons
Director of Sales InterviewApplication Details
I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks – interviewed at John Q. Hammons in July 2012.Interview Details
1. General Manager called me directly for a 15 minute phone screening. GM laid out the role of the Director of Sales and the expectations he had for the role. Instructed to apply directly online for the position as the General Manager only had my resume.
2. After the online process I was invited into the hotel for an Interview with the GM- Lasted 2 hours
3. Recieved a call 2 days later that I was being invited to meet with the Regional Director of Sales- Interview lasted 1 hour
4. Recieved a call same day and was invited to interview with the Regional Director of Revenue Management - Interview lasted 40 minutes
5. Recieved a call a day later to interview with the Vice President of Operations- Interview was at the hotel and it was a SKYPE interview with this person who was not near by.
6. GM instructed me I was a final candidate and that the next steps were the Vice President of Sales and the Ownership Group.- Both of those interviews were less than 30 min
After the interviews I was asked by Human Resources if I could take a Strength Finder /Personality Test
Once the Strength Finder was completed I was instructed that I had concluded my interview process and I would hear something shortly.
The entire process took about 45 days and I was made an offer directly from the GM.
Very Long Interview ProcessInterview Questions
Negotiation DetailsI was given an offer and I went back one time to negotiate salary and was happy with the outcome. I did have challenges negotiating PTO/Vacation as I was coming from a company where I had 4 weeks and was going to JQH earning PTO as I went. Also 401K takes 1 full year of service prior to being eligible for participation. Still do not love the PTO but your earn time quickly and rapidly as you tenure with the company.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- What movie title described me? View Answers (2)