John Q. Hammons Human Resources Assistant Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Q. Hammons in September 2011.

This position was for Residence Inn owned by John Q Hammons Hotels. I applied for the position online on a Friday and the following Friday I was called for an interview. The hotel is very classy. The staff was polite and professional. The lady who interviewed me was young but seemed very competent and fairly serious and we got down to business. The interview took place in the open, in their dining area, rather than in an office. However it was in the afternoon when no one else was around so that was fine. She told me a little about the position and asked me 5-6 detailed questions about my past experience. The position was labeled HR but really sounded more like quality assurance and bookkeeping, which was not a problem but kind of surprising after reading the advertisement on Craigslist that led me to the hotel website. It sounded right in line with my previous job, which in a way was not such a good thing because I hated my previous position. Anyway, she told me that I sounded like a great fit for the job but would I have any concerns about a drug test or credit check. I said no, and then she asked me several very direct, specific financial questions and said that she would talk to her supervisor but in this financial related position they are pretty "picky". I found this odd as it only paid $12 per hour; how could they expect people to have perfect credit (and mine's very very close)? I never heard from her again. I have no idea if they even ran my credit. However, about 2 weeks later I received an automated email letting me know the position was filled, and that was nice. I always like the confirmation.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any surprises in your credit check? THEN: Like, do you have high balances on any cards or any revolving credit at all?   View Answer