John Sanfilippo & Son Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at John Sanfilippo & Son

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Sanfilippo & Son.

Interview

Discuss the position with a recruiter. The recruiter set up the interview. I went to the interview and meet with the production manager.

Interview Questions

• I was ask the normal question regarding why I wanted to leave my current company and a lot of question regarding lean manufacturing techniques. He asked me about how many hours I was currently working and I told him between 50 and 55 hours. I was passed over because the production manager said I was only interested in 40 hours a week. Not sure where the break down happen in him thinking I only wanted to work 40 hours a week.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Selma, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Sanfilippo & Son (Selma, TX).

Interview

Sent email to current President to judge interest in my returning back to company. Senior VP of Manufacturing then called me. After interviews the VP of HR conducted the offer.

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Sanfilippo & Son (Elgin, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

very easy interview, ten math problems.

Interview Questions

Force me to start work before the federal government allows to.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Sanfilippo & Son (Elgin, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

This was a face to face interview that was set up through a staffing agency I have worked with before. The position was for a temp to perm opportunity. The facility that is the corporate office is a large facility with plenty of parking thar was built in 2007. You must enter through the employee/application entrance. While this info is marked on the building, it is not easy to see as you are driving through the parking trying to avoid hitting people A sign facing a driver indicating this entrance with an arrow would make it easier to spot without taking your attention completely off where you are driving. Just outside and inside the entrance, there were groups of employees hanging around as though it was a social hangout. Most were workers from the plant. It is not the most comfortable situation when you are coming in for an interview for an office position. The staff in HR that greeted me were professional, but the waiting area was like the one at the unemployment office. Everyone there, I don't know if they were there for plant position interviews or just waiting to see HR, was dressed in jeans and here I was in a suit. I looked totally out of place. The first thing you are given a seven question basic math test (addition, subtraction, multiplication), untimed, no calculator and an employment app. After that is completed, you are given part B of the math test. This has 3 questions (decimal & percentage) & you are supplied a calculator. If you don't pass the math test, interview over. I passed so I had a short interview with HR which was a presentation of the company & its' history. Then I interviewed with the hiring manager. This consisted of going over your background and a description of the position. This part of the interview lasted 40 minutes. So in total it took about an hour & ten minutes. The questions were basic. Since I had some newer technology experience, I was asked questions about that experience. Do not get too comfortable with the interviewer (personable) and she wants answers directly to the point, nothing more. Human resources on the other hand was more outgoing.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at John Sanfilippo & Son in March 2012.

Interview

The actual building you walk into for the interview is really confusing. There are two entrances (one for professionals and one for the temporary factory workers). I walked into the factory entrance since every sign that I saw said, "applicants this way". I met with three different people in their brand and marketing department. It was a late Friday afternoon, and I can tell that they were tired from the week. None of the people that interviewed me seemed enthusiastic. The questions were HARD. I prepared the most that I could (I had about two days). The entire interview lasted about 3 hours, and each person that I met with seemd very uptight. The actual corporate office is ugly inside. It was really really dark, quiet, lots of cubes, and NO ONE seemed happy. They kept repeating to me, "its family owned" which meant "just do what you are told, because you will never be making the decisions - the family will ultimately have the authority". Overall, It wasn't the right place for me.