John Snow, Inc Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

Finance and Administration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at John Snow, Inc (Arlington, VA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of three parts. First was a phone interview, from then there was 2 panel interviews and last a knowledge/skills test. Everyone was very helpful at explaining and answering my questions.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions are most typical as well as team work.   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at John Snow, Inc (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone interview (30 minutes) with an HR person followed by a Skype interview with three current staff members (current PO's). The second interview was more challenging than the first and was made up almost entirely of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: We plan an event every year for our employees; last year we planned a kayaking trip. What is one event you would plan for the company and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview

Online application and phone interview that lasted around 30-40 mins Basic questions, not too unexpected.. 1. Tell us about yourself and your qualifications. 2. Why are you interested in this position? 3. Give an example of when you worked on a team, challenges faced and how you overcame them. 4. Example of cross-cultural experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to do when working in a multi-cultural environment?   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. First screening, phone interview with hiring manager. Questions were quite easy, Why do you want to work at John Snow? What do you know about John Snow and this particular position? Second step, face to face interview with hiring manager, two procurement specialist and Finance manager. The panel was quite friendly and welcoming. The panel was impressed with my skills and personality. After interview, thank you letter was sent to manager. Manager responded immediately “ Thank You, We will contact you shortly”. Two weeks passed no email or phone call. I emailed recruiter for status recruiter responded immediately “ You are a strong candidate however, we have decided to peruse other candidates”.

Staff Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Snow, Inc (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was first. Second interview was a skype interview with multiple staff members -- peer level and more senior. All staff and office director were friendly and easy to talk to. Description of job tasks were transparent and clear. Interview felt conversational and directed at finding a good fit between job and what I liked and wanted to do.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this job? What do you believe are your strengths? What do you believe are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview

Phone Screening Interview

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward. Why are you interested and what can you offer?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at John Snow, Inc in May 2014.

Interview

applied online through their website and received an email from the hiring manager. She wanted to schedule a phone interview. We scheduled a phone interview that lasted 10 minutes and it was very basic. Then She called me to set up an interview via skype with other project coordinators.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Snow, Inc (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was recommended to apply by an employee, who told me to be on the look out for an application coming out in the next month. I sent in my resume and cover letter, and then I was called for a brief phone interview. After the phone interview, I had a Skype interview with two people.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward questions like: "tell us about a time you worked on a team" and "tell us about a time you worked cross culturally"   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is dependent on class year for internships.

International Division Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Snow, Inc (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied for position and received an interview invitation 3 days later. First round (phone interview) was scheduled for a week later with two project coordinators. Interview lasted about 15 minutes and wasn't too stressful. Told there would be 2nd round interviews. Waiting to hear back about the next round.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult or unexpected: 1. Why JSI/interest in the position; 2. What is your work style (asked this after mentioning that JSI has a very flat org structure); 3. What is your availability?; 4. What do you want to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

Finance and Administration Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Arlington, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a 20 phone interview with the hiring manager. Was in then invited in for a face to face interview in front of a panel of 6 people, lasted about an hour. Did not receive any communication after the face to face, even after sending an email inquiring about the status of the process. Is is really that hard to send someone a thanks but no thanks email?