John Snow, Inc

Relevance Date Difficulty

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at John Snow, Inc in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was straight forward. First screening, phone interview with hiring manager. Questions were quite easy, Why do you want to work at John Snow? What do you know about John Snow and this particular position? Second step, face to face interview with hiring manager, two procurement specialist and Finance manager. The panel was quite friendly and welcoming. The panel was impressed with my skills and personality. After interview, thank you letter was sent to manager. Manager responded immediately “ Thank You, We will contact you shortly”. Two weeks passed no email or phone call. I emailed recruiter for status recruiter responded immediately “ You are a strong candidate however, we have decided to peruse other candidates”.

Interview Question – When was John Snow founded?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview Details – Online application and phone interview that lasted around 30-40 mins

Basic questions, not too unexpected..
1. Tell us about yourself and your qualifications.
2. Why are you interested in this position?
3. Give an example of when you worked on a team, challenges faced and how you overcame them.
4. Example of cross-cultural experience.

Interview Question – What is the most important thing to do when working in a multi-cultural environment?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview Details – Phone Screening Interview

Interview Question – Very straight forward. Why are you interested and what can you offer?   Answer Question

International Division Intern Interview

International Division Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview Details – Applied for position and received an interview invitation 3 days later. First round (phone interview) was scheduled for a week later with two project coordinators. Interview lasted about 15 minutes and wasn't too stressful. Told there would be 2nd round interviews. Waiting to hear back about the next round.

Interview Question – None of the questions were very difficult or unexpected: 1. Why JSI/interest in the position; 2. What is your work style (asked this after mentioning that JSI has a very flat org structure); 3. What is your availability?; 4. What do you want to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

Finance and Administration Manager Interview

Finance and Administration Manager
Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at John Snow, Inc in January 2013.

Interview Details – Had a 20 phone interview with the hiring manager. Was in then invited in for a face to face interview in front of a panel of 6 people, lasted about an hour. Did not receive any communication after the face to face, even after sending an email inquiring about the status of the process. Is is really that hard to send someone a thanks but no thanks email?

Interview Question – Basic questions...walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at John Snow, Inc in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call apx 2 weeks later. It was a phone screening although it was not scheduled and it was from the a high-level individual in the dept. This lasted about 10-15 minutes and was simple (Why are you interested? What is your background in this topic?)

Interview was then scheduled for the following week. It was a panel interview with 6 people. A little overwhelming. Again, pretty straight forward and standard questions. This lasted for about 1 hour.

Received an email 2 days later with their decision. Overall, it was a seamless process.

Interview Question – Scenario question - Essentially, what would you do if a donor emailed (you were CCed on it) and wanted to move forward with a project and none of your supervisors were available (they were out of office or out of country)?   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Program Associate
Bow, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Snow, Inc in November 2012.

Interview Details – Online application, followed by in-person interviews. I withdrew from the process after this point due to another job offer. I believe there would have been additional in-person interviews and the hiring staff mentioned needing several weeks for the process.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions, nothing bizarre or extremely difficult.   View Answer

Public Health Interview

Public Health
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at John Snow, Inc in May 2012.

Interview Details – Received phone call from department head -- an unscheduled phone interview, which I thought was odd. Next day, received an email inviting me to an in-person interview for the following week. Had a panel interview and everyone was really nice and friendly. Asked standard interview questions -- asked for lots of examples (i.e. team work; a challenge and how I resolved it; examples of tasks I performed in previous jobs etc). Also asked one or two scenario questions, which were probably the most difficult for me, but still straight forward. Finally, gave me a few minutes to ask them questions at the end. Lasted for a little over one hour.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you worked on a team. What were your roles and responsibilities? What challenges did you face and how did you respond to them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Snow, Inc in May 2011.

Interview Details – Transparent

Interview Question – Describe situation in which you led a team.   Answer Question

Interviewed at John Snow, Inc

Interview Details – About two months after submitting my online application I received an e-mail to set up an initial phone call. The call was about 20 minutes long and pretty standard. I was invited for an in-person interview with a current Project Coordinator and HR manager. This was about 45 minutes and very pleasant. I received an e-mail a few days later with their decision. Overall good process.

Interview Question – You're on a field visit in another country and your local contact keeps putting off an important meeting. It's nearing the end of your time there and he/she still hasn't agreed to meet. What do you do?   Answer Question

Worked for John Snow, Inc? Contribute to the Community!