John Snow, Inc Project Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.3

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview

Phone Screening Interview

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward. Why are you interested and what can you offer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Snow, Inc

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at John Snow, Inc in May 2014.

Interview

applied online through their website and received an email from the hiring manager. She wanted to schedule a phone interview. We scheduled a phone interview that lasted 10 minutes and it was very basic. Then She called me to set up an interview via skype with other project coordinators.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at John Snow, Inc (Arlington, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call apx 2 weeks later. It was a phone screening although it was not scheduled and it was from the a high-level individual in the dept. This lasted about 10-15 minutes and was simple (Why are you interested? What is your background in this topic?)

Interview was then scheduled for the following week. It was a panel interview with 6 people. A little overwhelming. Again, pretty straight forward and standard questions. This lasted for about 1 hour.

Received an email 2 days later with their decision. Overall, it was a seamless process.

Interview Questions

• Scenario question - Essentially, what would you do if a donor emailed (you were CCed on it) and wanted to move forward with a project and none of your supervisors were available (they were out of office or out of country)?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Interview

About two months after submitting my online application I received an e-mail to set up an initial phone call. The call was about 20 minutes long and pretty standard. I was invited for an in-person interview with a current Project Coordinator and HR manager. This was about 45 minutes and very pleasant. I received an e-mail a few days later with their decision. Overall good process.

Interview Questions

• You're on a field visit in another country and your local contact keeps putting off an important meeting. It's nearing the end of your time there and he/she still hasn't agreed to meet. What do you do?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at John Snow, Inc in June 2012.

Interview

Interview was scheduled through email two weeks in advance. Standard interview questions: tell me about strengths/weaknesses, how do you handle competing priorities, ect.

It was a panel of three people including the person currently in the position and the hiring manager.

They got back to me within the time frame specified about the position. Very professional interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being asked to complete multiple assignments when you don't have enough time?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at John Snow, Inc in December 2010.

Interview

phone screen followed by a phone interview with 3 people. This lasted an hour and was quite difficult. Then an in person interview with a panel of 5 people, also difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very little room for negotiation due to budget constraints