Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at John Snow, Inc
- Project Coordinator (6)
- Intern (3)
- Finance and Administration Manager (2)
- Manager Administration and Security (1)
- International Division Intern (1)
- Program Associate (1)
- Procurement Specialist (1)
- Program Officer (1)
- Public Health (1)
- Coordinator (1)
Project Coordinator Interview
I applied online – interviewed at John Snow, Inc.
Phone Screening Interview
- Very straight forward. Why are you interested and what can you offer? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for John Snow, Inc
Project Coordinator InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at John Snow, Inc in May 2014.
applied online through their website and received an email from the hiring manager. She wanted to schedule a phone interview. We scheduled a phone interview that lasted 10 minutes and it was very basic. Then She called me to set up an interview via skype with other project coordinators.
- why do you want to work here? Answer Question
Project Coordinator InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Arlington, VA) in May 2012.
Applied online and received a phone call apx 2 weeks later. It was a phone screening although it was not scheduled and it was from the a high-level individual in the dept. This lasted about 10-15 minutes and was simple (Why are you interested? What is your background in this topic?)
Interview was then scheduled for the following week. It was a panel interview with 6 people. A little overwhelming. Again, pretty straight forward and standard questions. This lasted for about 1 hour.
Received an email 2 days later with their decision. Overall, it was a seamless process.
- Scenario question - Essentially, what would you do if a donor emailed (you were CCed on it) and wanted to move forward with a project and none of your supervisors were available (they were out of office or out of country)? Answer Question
Project Coordinator InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
About two months after submitting my online application I received an e-mail to set up an initial phone call. The call was about 20 minutes long and pretty standard. I was invited for an in-person interview with a current Project Coordinator and HR manager. This was about 45 minutes and very pleasant. I received an e-mail a few days later with their decision. Overall good process.
- You're on a field visit in another country and your local contact keeps putting off an important meeting. It's nearing the end of your time there and he/she still hasn't agreed to meet. What do you do? Answer Question
Project Coordinator InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at John Snow, Inc in June 2012.
Interview was scheduled through email two weeks in advance. Standard interview questions: tell me about strengths/weaknesses, how do you handle competing priorities, ect.
It was a panel of three people including the person currently in the position and the hiring manager.
They got back to me within the time frame specified about the position. Very professional interview.
- How would you handle being asked to complete multiple assignments when you don't have enough time? Answer Question
Project Coordinator InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at John Snow, Inc in December 2010.
phone screen followed by a phone interview with 3 people. This lasted an hour and was quite difficult. Then an in person interview with a panel of 5 people, also difficult.
very little room for negotiation due to budget constraints
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review