John Swire & Sons

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.6

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at John Swire & Sons.

Two interview stages and all face to face/video call.

Most questions were behavioral.

MT Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Swire & Sons.

the atmosphere is relaxed and so just feel free to share your stories with the interviewers. It seems that they like interesting stories that I told them. The interview questions are quite normal, and standard. Something like self-introduction, your career prospect, interests, why Swire, why your major...

Graduate Trainee Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at John Swire & Sons in February 2014.

Initial application form and psych tests, followed by a 1/2 hour interview in the London offices. Highly informal interview which consisted of mostly going through my CV and asking me questions about my degree. Did not make second round.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you reading your current degree? (why is it relevant to your future career prospects)   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

online application, online test , interview

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at John Swire & Sons.

interview (skype)

Management Trainee Interview

Very generic questions because they are looking for generalists. The interviewers are all very friendly/non-pushy.

Interview Questions
    • Because it's so generic, you have to think how to excel   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

They are loking for a type of person. Someone who went to a private school, speaks the queen's english and has had a gapyear volunteering in Nepal. If you don't fit this profile, I would not bother applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at John Swire & Sons in February 2013.

Two interviews; first was a 45 minute interview with HR manager and current management trainee. If passed then final round interview with a slightly larger panel. Communication for interview times etc. done mostly through email, there is reimbursement for travelling to the Swire HQ. The environment was formal, however the format of the interview was very relaxed. The questions focused on personal strengths, motivations and any particular industry of Swire you would like to join.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to apply to your current university/course?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Swire & Sons in January 2013.

Invited to Interview in their office in London. Interview was with Head of Group HR and Graduate at the end of the programme. The Head of Group HR worked his way throughout the organisation and had extensive experiences of the firm's operations and subsidiaries.

They first spoke about their experiences and then asked me about my CV and continued with standard interview questions (is Why Swire, etc...).

Overall experience was very pleasant, more like a chat than an interview.

Of the 100 selected for first round interviews only 10 were to be brought back for the second round. Of those 10 only 6 or 7 would be selected.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your interest in being an entrepreneur will help you in this role (related to activities on my CV)   Answer Question

International Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Swire & Sons in February 2011.

Two interviewers. One hr director the other a current management trainee.
    They asked me why do you want to pursue management career?
    any internship experience?
    willing to move globally?
    prefered location/business sector?
    any questions to ask them?
    interview lasts about 30 mins
    full travel expense covered
    people are nice and atmosphere is down to earth. but do dress formal suit.
    i was not fully prepared to give enough evidence of my management skills so did not receive second interview

Interview Questions
    • you are doing science degree, why choose management career   Answer Question