John Thomas Financial

www.johnthomasfinancial.com

John Thomas Financial Interview Questions

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Thomas Financial in April 2012.

They'll call, set up a meeting. If you pass, there will be a round two. Then if you're hired you'll start a 2 week training process in the trade floor. It's basically the job, without the commission at that point. If you stick with it, you'll take a class to prepare you for licensing.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to wait and take the licensing course, before you begin to work?   View Answer

I didn't feel it was for me at the time. It seems like a great opportunity though, and the people were really nice.

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at John Thomas Financial in October 2012.

I emailed my application and received a phone call right away regarding the Broker Trainee program. I was asked some very basic questions and then afterwards was able to schedule my interview. When I went in for the interview it was very brief. I feel that due to my inexperience in the cold calling field, it cost me the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Really no way around the cold calling experience question as I had no experience in cold calling or sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at John Thomas Financial in February 2012.

Called me just hours after submitting my resume. I was invited to an interview the next morning. Turned out to be a 15 minute sales pitch. The guy acted like he didn't want to hire me than a day later I get a call for another interview. He offered me a job on the spot in the second interview.

Interview Questions
    300 dollars a week on the floor.

Junior Broker Interview

The process was quick and seemed rushed, which could be attributed to the interviewer knowing exactly what type of candidate their looking for or just the culture there at JT.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question, basically just another interview   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at John Thomas Financial in January 2012.

Easiest interview ever. Speak English and you should be good.

There wasn't one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at John Thomas Financial in February 2012.

It was so loud. They have flatscreens all over the place blasting CNBC. It was hard to hear what the guy was saying to me. Also, he didn't seem ready to interview me, like he was too busy or something. He didn't ask anything important. He didn't seem interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at John Thomas Financial in May 2011.

All you have to do to get an interview is send your resume. They hire anyone.

Interview Questions
    • If I give you the offer today. Can you start working tomorrow?   Answer Question

Although I don't mind the boiler room-ish atmosphere, I really dislike the attitude of brokers. They are rude to everyone, even their clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at John Thomas Financial in March 2011.

Strikingly similar to the film Boiler Room. While they do scrupulously follow the letter of the law it seems to be a very high pressure environment with a focus on aggressive sales practices instead of any type of financial or technical analysis and actually recommending securities based on their underlying fundamentals. While everyone I met with seemed quite nice the general environment seemed a bit lacking in refinement.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working 50-60 hour weeks and being in every day at 6:30 while not yet being paid/or being paid $300 a week   Answer Question

It just didn't seem to be my type of place.

Stockbroker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at John Thomas Financial in February 2011.

Came in around 11am, waited 20 minutes, talked to a senior broker. He asked me why i was interested in this field, what experience i had, what other jobs i have had. he gave me a pitch, gave me 20 minutes to look it over. instead of 20 minutes, it took him 2 hours to get back to me, i read it (didn't do to good) but i told him how motivated i was, and plus he knew i had no experience in sales ever before.. long story short, 4 days later i can cold call like a pro. He gave me a chance because i kept telling him how motivated i was and how being a stockbroker is my dream.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to be in this field (become a stockbroker)   View Answer
    advise: be outgoing, happy, and motivated

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at John Thomas Financial in January 2011.

If you need $600 and have two weeks of free time to waste, go interview at John Thomas, they'll hire anybody. The interview consists of filling out a few papers and then a 20 min pitch from the 'recruiting director' who is actually whoever is in the 'recruiting director' office. If you can keep your head from hitting the desk for 20 mins you can get a job at this boiler room. The job as a trainee consists of yelling at people on the phone at the top of your lungs about having a broker call them back, once you get certified, you yell at people at the top of your lungs on the phone about having a broker call them back. First 10 accounts you open go the senior guys, and I never saw / heard anyone really open an account over a period of a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Worked for John Thomas Financial? Contribute to the Community!