John Zink Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at John Zink

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Zink (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

First round interview: on campus, about 30 min. The interviewer asked questions about my resume, then moved on to simple behavior-based questions. The second round took place at John Zink and included a plant tour and lunch. There were three consecutive interviews each last 45 minutes with 2 interviewers in each interview. The questions were slightly tougher behavior based questions, with a emphasis on demonstrating how you live out the Koch Industries Guiding Principles in your life. There were also questions regarding which section of John Zink you would like to work (I.e. Flares, burners, etc.) and your plans for the future. Overall, everyone at John Zink was friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a peer or supervisor. What did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever let someone copy your homework?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a group project you have worked on. What was the group dynamic? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No pay negotiation. However, if you do not live in Tulsa normally (or are a student who would have to pay extra to stay in Tulsa over the summer), you can ask for their relocation signing bonus, which is $1000.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Zink (Tulsa, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

the process of getting called and having the interview arranged at the plant took one week.The interview was by about 4 teams interviewing you back to back.The teams had three to two people ranging from engineers to managers to some technicians. What made me fail the interview was my confidence.It was one of my first interviews.I needed alot of practice.You need to be positive and give quick answers.if you don't know it's okay just say you don't know.Just don't make them think your guessing , or cannot remember.So just be honest but most of all... be VERY confident.

Interview Questions

• what classes have you failed?, tell us of a time you failed   Answer Question

Cfd Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Zink (Tulsa, OK) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online in March. I got a call for an hour long phone screen in the first week of April. After 3 weeks, they told me they would like to have me come down to Tulsa for an on-site interview in May. The process consisted of a technical presentation and interviews with 6 people. Had a tour of their testing facility after the interview and spoke to the HR. Got the offer within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of success? What will be your biggest struggle in transitioning from academia to the industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was great. I didn't negotiate much.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at John Zink.

Interview

Got an phone call to directly go to onsite. Went through tours to its manufacturing plant and test center first, then interviewed by department manager and other directors. Came back and got another phone interview last Tuesday. Still waiting for any contact, hope will be contacted.