Johnny Rockets

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnny Rockets.

Interview Details – Almost everyone is a first time hire and then promoted from within at the store level. Not many managers are recruited but it has been done. The interviews are easy and the managers have to follow a format that Corporate feels is the best method for hiring "optimal workers".

Interview Question – Why do you feel like you would fit in to our montra: Where the good times roll?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Folsom, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Johnny Rockets in April 2011.

Interview Details – I met with a man at a PinkBerry yogurt shop next to the the restaurant and was also owned by the same individual, so it was not very formal. It was a very brief interview, I would guess less than five minutes. He simply asked me if I minded dancing or cleaning and if I had experience in customer service. The second interview was a group interview, but it was mostly the managers talking about Johnny Rockets and the goals for the new location. Each of us had to perform a skit explaining a new fact we learned about the company, which was very odd. They hired the entire group that day with the exception of four people.

Interview Question – The skit performance was definitely nerve wrecking and unexpected. You were expected to remember a specific fact about the company, and turn it into a 30 second commercial advertising Johnny Rockets. Each person got up in front of the group and acted out their skit, and I am still not sure what the goal of this exercise was.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johnny Rockets in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted a month or so later by a internal recruiter for a phone screening. We spoke via telephone for 30 minutes or so. The finance organization seemed to be in its infancy although Johnny Rockets is a long established firm. For whatever reason the recruiter was extremely apprehensive about me living in LAC versus the OC. It came off that for HQ opportunities they only want individuals who live in the Aliso Viejo enclave there....

After the phone screen that was mainly small talk hear from the recruiter that they went with a more local candidate... go figure

Very Easy Interview

FDR Interview

FDR
Deer Park, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnny Rockets in January 2009.

Interview Details – Went in to the store to get an application filled it out. The next day i went in snd sat down with the GM he asked me a few questions and then described the position to me, He then proceeded to offer the position to me the interview wasnt exactly challenging,

Interview Question – What in your past experience qualifies you for this job?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johnny Rockets in April 2011.

Interview Details – I began with an interview with a job recruiter who forwarded my information to the company. I then interviewed with an part-owner/operating partner/area manager who gave me an overview of the position, where I would be working, bonus/incentive program, etc., most of which was untrue. I was mislead in more ways than one which I didn't know at the time. I then interviewed with the General Manager of the location for which I was told I would be working upon being hired. That interview was much longer and more in-depth - yet pointless because I didn't end up working at that location for 4 months.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnny Rockets in November 2010.

Interview Details – Simple interview, describe yourself, bam, hired

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Find out early what your pay will be

General Interview

General

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnny Rockets in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was ok.

Interview Question – How long have you been employed at your current postion.   Answer Question

Worked for Johnny Rockets? Contribute to the Community!