Johnny Rockets Interview Questions

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnny Rockets

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnny Rockets (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked into the store and asked if they were hiring. I was given an application, asked a few basic questions and then told that I would be contacted next week. I was called the next day instead, went to the location specified, filled out more papers, told what I needed as a uniform, and told to contact the manager when I had the uniform.

Interview Questions

• What are you getting the job for?   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnny Rockets (Long Beach, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I just looked online for a PDF application and went to drop it off and the manager liked me so she told me to memorize the menu by the next day and I can have the job. I did and then she tested me and I went into the back and started training. I kept up so I got the job.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnny Rockets.

Interview

The whole process was easy. They ask you basic questions and it only took about 45 minutes. The manager called later that evening to inform me that I got the job. It was a pleasant experience.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnny Rockets.

Interview

Almost everyone is a first time hire and then promoted from within at the store level. Not many managers are recruited but it has been done. The interviews are easy and the managers have to follow a format that Corporate feels is the best method for hiring "optimal workers".

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel like you would fit in to our montra: Where the good times roll?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnny Rockets (Aliso Viejo, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted a month or so later by a internal recruiter for a phone screening. We spoke via telephone for 30 minutes or so. The finance organization seemed to be in its infancy although Johnny Rockets is a long established firm. For whatever reason the recruiter was extremely apprehensive about me living in LAC versus the OC. It came off that for HQ opportunities they only want individuals who live in the Aliso Viejo enclave there.... After the phone screen that was mainly small talk hear from the recruiter that they went with a more local candidate... go figure

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Middletown, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnny Rockets (East Middletown, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I was invited to come in for an interview The GM sat me down and asked me about my previous work experience He gave me scenarios of problems that could arise on my shift as a manager and let me explain how i would handle the situation with the customer and employee He asked me to describe situations at my current job at times where I had to step in and take charge to meet deadlines He was kind made me feel very comfortable and later that day I was called to meet with the District Manager and that was my second interview

Interview Questions

• If I have ever had to deal with a customer I couldn't make happy How did I handle it What exactly did I do   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnny Rockets (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I began with an interview with a job recruiter who forwarded my information to the company. I then interviewed with an part-owner/operating partner/area manager who gave me an overview of the position, where I would be working, bonus/incentive program, etc., most of which was untrue. I was mislead in more ways than one which I didn't know at the time. I then interviewed with the General Manager of the location for which I was told I would be working upon being hired. That interview was much longer and more in-depth - yet pointless because I didn't end up working at that location for 4 months.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnny Rockets (Folsom, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I met with a man at a PinkBerry yogurt shop next to the the restaurant and was also owned by the same individual, so it was not very formal. It was a very brief interview, I would guess less than five minutes. He simply asked me if I minded dancing or cleaning and if I had experience in customer service. The second interview was a group interview, but it was mostly the managers talking about Johnny Rockets and the goals for the new location. Each of us had to perform a skit explaining a new fact we learned about the company, which was very odd. They hired the entire group that day with the exception of four people.

Interview Questions

• The skit performance was definitely nerve wrecking and unexpected. You were expected to remember a specific fact about the company, and turn it into a 30 second commercial advertising Johnny Rockets. Each person got up in front of the group and acted out their skit, and I am still not sure what the goal of this exercise was.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnny Rockets (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Simple interview, describe yourself, bam, hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Find out early what your pay will be

FDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnny Rockets (Deer Park, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Went in to the store to get an application filled it out. The next day i went in snd sat down with the GM he asked me a few questions and then described the position to me, He then proceeded to offer the position to me the interview wasnt exactly challenging,

Interview Questions

• What in your past experience qualifies you for this job?   Answer Question