Johns Hopkins

33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Assistant Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins in May 2013.

Interview Details – My professor emailed me about the position, so I applied for the job, came in for a brief interview, and was sent and offer via email.

Interview Question – Very informal interview, no questions were really difficult. I just had to be honest.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Johns Hopkins.

Interview Details – The interview spans two days. There will be 5-10 other candidates interviewing with you. You will meet one-on-one with 5-8 professors, mostly of your own choosing (arranged by the department administrator beforehand via email). They will ask about your education, research experience, career goals and other interests. You will have dinner at a professor's home with some of the other candidates. Not only do they want to make sure that you are intelligent and hardworking, but also that you get along with people and carry an interesting conversation. During lunches and a poster session there will be many opportunities to interact with the graduate students who are already in the program. They will also be making note of whether or not you are asking good questions and if you seem like someone they would like to work with. Be sure to ask graduate students about what they like/don't like about the school and/or the professors they work with.

Interview Question – What are your career plans? What kind of research are you interested in? Why did you get a "C" in that undergrad chemistry class?   Answer Question

X-ray Tech Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Johns Hopkins.

Interview Details – I had non specific experience and interview was mostly behavior based. They were willing to train the "right person" for the job and the manager in dept came in day after Xmas to interview me since I was home from North Carolina for the holidays.

Interview Question – Tell me about a conflict between you and another employee at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation I got fair market value and at the time in 2005 excellent education reimbursement benefits.

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins in January 2014.

Interview Details – first interview was a phone interview 3days after I applied. After successful phone interview was asked for 2nd interview in person. Met with staff and lab directors. Not really asked questions about my previous experience just told how and why they do the work they are doing.

Interview Question – Explain in detail how to do a specific assay and the outcomes.   Answer Question

Development Coordinator Interview

Development Coordinator
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Johns Hopkins in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had a day long interview with 8 different people. Scheduling was relatively easy, but it was a long day of saying the same thing over and over, however some positive and interesting conversations did develop.

Interview Question – Having 7 very similar interviews with almost ten different people was the real challenge - keeping answers fresh and maintaining interest   Answer Question

Visitor Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Johns Hopkins in January 2013.

Interview Details – I did not any interview you need to talk to professor just that it depends how well u were during your education. If you have publication you are good to go. Most professors prefer publication.

Interview Question – Visa interviw   Answer Question

Budget Specialist Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins in December 2009.

Interview Details – HR interview consisted of a phone interview with basic interview questions and an in person interview. Once finished with HR, met with a Senior Research Analyst, department HR, and the Division Administrator. All parties involved were kind, pleasant. Entire interview process was pretty easy and relatively stress free.
- Most difficult part is finding parking, since Johns Hopkins University is located in Baltimore City.

Interview Question – All questions were basic such as:
Greatest strength, greatest weakness, name one time you encountered a difficult situation and how did you handle it, and why did you choose our company?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could not negotiate

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins in September 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was just with the HR representative and included 4 computer tests, proofreading, MS Word, MS Excel, and writing. Interview questions were fairly typical for an HR interview. Was asked to come back for a second interview at the end of this one.
Second interview was a week later with the Director and an employee who previously held the same position. Was a pretty casual interview. No real grilling or formal questions. More interested in my experience and how it applied to the position. Got a follow up phone call from HR a day or two later for a third interview.
Third interview was a week after the second and was a group interview that involed the rest of the department, 6 employees. About 3 of the employees had a fair number of questions, others were more quiet. Some felt more formal, others more relaxed.
Through the entire process, HR was good about sending confirmation emails including the names and titles of all the interview participants.

Interview Question – Nothing was too unexpected. The HR questions were more the formal interview type. The rest were more relaxed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The HR rep asked me about salary in the beginning and they actually offered me more than I initially requested.

Resident Interview

Resident
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins in April 2012.

Interview Details – Persoanl interview for 2 rounds

Interview Question – Presentations about an article   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One round offering

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins.

Interview Details – One time onsite interview only. Waited for about two weeks, then the offer came.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johns Hopkins

Worked for Johns Hopkins? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johns Hopkins interview questions and advice in Baltimore, MD. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Johns Hopkins employees and interview candidates.