Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person – interviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.

Though many years ago, I remember it as a straightforward process. I was hired as a new RN. Worked medical surgical for a few years and then changed departments. Hired within a couple of weeks. Big turnover on medical units. There were two interviews, as I recall, one with the recruiter and one with the unit manager.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.

Meet with the Nurse Manager and HR recruiter separately. both basic questions. The manager walked me around the unit and explain the layout. Very friendly

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle Conflict with another person   View Answer

Chaplain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in December 2010.

I applied on-line but never received a call back so I researched the name and contact information of the hiring manager. When I called to follow-up on my application, I was surprised at her response. She explained that she would not have even looked at my application and resume since due to the number of applicants and the costs associated with interviews they decided to only look at applicants from the local region (I lived in another state 10hrs away). When I offered to pay my own travel related costs if selected for an interview, she was impressed and decided to review my application and resume. I was later interview once via telephone for approximately 30 minutes. Subsequently, I was asked to travel to Baltimore for 2 panel interviews that included about 12 and 3 persons respectively. The larger panel included a cross functional panel of stake holders from the hospital departments including doctors, RNs and others. The smaller panel interview was clinical panel of my peers. My third and final interview was via Skype with the hiring managers VP. Everyone was polite and professional during the interview process. They made me an offer and after some negotiations, I accepted. I would advise future candidates to be prepared to answer behavioral questions in the interviews--the questions were standard.

Interview Questions
    • What would your friends tell us about you?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you disagreed with your supervior and how it was resolved?   Answer Question

Medical Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in August 2010.

I applied online, called the manager and left a voicemail stating how interested I was in the position and etc then a few weeks later she called me in for an interview then 2 weeks later she called me to take an assessment and now I am waiting for the final say.