Johns Hopkins Health System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor Help Desk Interview

Supervisor Help Desk
Glen Burnie, MD

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System in July 2013.

Interview Details – The online application process was cumbersome but no more than other large organizations. I found it peculiar that the initial point of contact was the supervisor of the hiring manager, and that I only spoke with two people at length.

Salary range was low but not unexpected for an institution of this nature.

Interview Question – The 50 questions about my technical aptitude on everything from networking to servers to data storage.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Glen Burnie, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System in May 2010.

Interview Details – They interview in groups or one-on-one. Basic questioning, just be prepared to not only answer the questions in-depth but also to exude a positive attitude. This is not a place for negativity or laziness! This is the typical advice for ANY interview. Seriously, I'm not going to tell you word for word what I was asked. If you're prepared, you're prepared - and if you can't handle their interview process I find it unlikely you're prepared for an interview anywhere! If you are unsure, just do a general Google search for interview tips and practice.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System in June 2012.

Interview Details – Sent my CV/resume and cover letter to PI. Heard back within a week. Scheduled an interview the following week. All communications were handled by the PI's assistant.. Interviewed in person. Head PI was quite busy in the office, since he was a practicing physician in addition to a researcher. Wait was not too long though!

Interview Question – Typical interview questions. Asked to walk through my resume. Asked to speak about how my work experience and academic training was relevant to the position   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager Interview

Manager
Glen Burnie, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on line to several open positions. Was called for a phone and in person interview. After long wait was offered higher position. Besides the long wait for a decision overall the process was just fine.

Interview Question – Self-orginized and how to motivate others   Answer Question

Project Administrator Interview

Project Administrator
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System in November 2009.

Interview Details – Learned about job through friend who forwarded resume to manager. Phone interview with manager within 3 days then onsite interview 4 days later with another manager, positve interview. Travel and hotel at my on expense. Questions were general about education and work experience, not very structured interview and managers were not prepared.

Interview Question – How to resolve conflict with senior physician?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – try to negotiate for salary desired, company does give hiring managers room for a wide salary range

Worked for Johns Hopkins Health System? Contribute to the Community!