Johns Hopkins Health System

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johns Hopkins Health System

Supervisor Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System in July 2013.

The online application process was cumbersome but no more than other large organizations. I found it peculiar that the initial point of contact was the supervisor of the hiring manager, and that I only spoke with two people at length.

Salary range was low but not unexpected for an institution of this nature.

Interview Questions
    • The 50 questions about my technical aptitude on everything from networking to servers to data storage.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System in June 2012.

Sent my CV/resume and cover letter to PI. Heard back within a week. Scheduled an interview the following week. All communications were handled by the PI's assistant.. Interviewed in person. Head PI was quite busy in the office, since he was a practicing physician in addition to a researcher. Wait was not too long though!

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. Asked to walk through my resume. Asked to speak about how my work experience and academic training was relevant to the position   View Answer

Intrastaff Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System in April 2011.

Applied online, got a request for an interview around 2 weeks after. The interview was very easy and did not have any unexpected questions. Was given an hourly rate on the day of the interview and a request for a follow up of whether I can start or not.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't generally unexpected. Mostly along the lines of "when do you think you are available" "How did you find this vacancy" etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System in February 2011.

Applied on line to several open positions. Was called for a phone and in person interview. After long wait was offered higher position. Besides the long wait for a decision overall the process was just fine.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System in May 2010.

They interview in groups or one-on-one. Basic questioning, just be prepared to not only answer the questions in-depth but also to exude a positive attitude. This is not a place for negativity or laziness! This is the typical advice for ANY interview. Seriously, I'm not going to tell you word for word what I was asked. If you're prepared, you're prepared - and if you can't handle their interview process I find it unlikely you're prepared for an interview anywhere! If you are unsure, just do a general Google search for interview tips and practice.

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Health System in November 2009.

Learned about job through friend who forwarded resume to manager. Phone interview with manager within 3 days then onsite interview 4 days later with another manager, positve interview. Travel and hotel at my on expense. Questions were general about education and work experience, not very structured interview and managers were not prepared.

Interview Questions
    try to negotiate for salary desired, company does give hiring managers room for a wide salary range