Johns Hopkins Medicine Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Nurse Clinician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I interviewed with the unit manager. A very general conversation, then shadowed for 2 hours with a staff nurse. I had an interview with 2 different units, so I was there for about 6 hours. Both interviews were veryblaid back and I was offered a position on both units. I did like shadowing on the units. It gave me a since of where I would like to be.

Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for a personal interview. I felt very comfortable during the interview. The interview questions were very direct with the focus of past performance.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had a hard time with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The hiring manager gets the sheet from HR and will only ask the question from it. Be prepared to tell about the time when you had to.... etc Takes a while to hear back once you're done with all of your interviews.

Interview Questions

• tell about the time when you had to learn new software   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview consists of phone interviews, and an in-person interview. The interview schedule was packed in 1/2 hour slots for 1:1 and group interviews. There was even an interview over lunch. There is a full drug screen and physical with Measles, Mumps, Rubella & Varicella Vaccine. TB check also.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over other candidates? Are you married?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are really cheap on relocation.

Lab Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Fairly relaxed interview. Once accepted, however, obtaining clearance from occupational health was a pain in the butt (blood tests, then waiting, then getting vaccination boosters, then waiting again, tb test, waiting, getting test read). It took about a month to get me cleared to work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any issues working with human bodily fluids and feces?   Answer Question

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

Quick interviewing and decision making. Came in one day and was hired the next.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

Aside from the huge online application and quiz the interview process was pretty easy. One phone screen which basically covered general skills and interest questions. Next was the in person interview with two managers asking more technical questions. The final interview was with senior management and an additional team member with slightly more technical questions. Everyone was very friendly and not intimidating. The questions were pretty standard and it overall felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• How do you present your responsive design concepts to clients?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and then received an email from the executive assistant to the Vice President. Was asked in for a Panel Interview with all of the other Directors in the Department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you thought outside of the box in regards to cost-savings for planning a big event   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

The process for interviewing really depends on which department, center, or institute you talk with. Some are very formal, others are totally informal and can be very impromptu. Expect a very long time for the entire process to be completed. Also, the HR department filters out many of the CVs that are submitted online, so if you never hear back it could be that the CV was not forwarded to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• There were no behavioral questions, but again, every group is different.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is usually pretty hard to negotiate at Hopkins, they know they pay less than industry and that their name brand recognition makes up for it.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

submitted application online, was emailed briefly about coming out for an interview, discussed my previous experiences and what I hoped to achieve in the future and what i would like to get out of the job, what my availability was, the pay was shown to me upfront and was decent, and the interviewer was the PI himself.

Interview Questions

• what i hoped to be in the future, which i didn't know yet for myself   Answer Question