Johns Hopkins Medicine Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in January 2014.

The interview consists of phone interviews, and an in-person interview. The interview schedule was packed in 1/2 hour slots for 1:1 and group interviews. There was even an interview over lunch. There is a full drug screen and physical with Measles, Mumps, Rubella & Varicella Vaccine. TB check also.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over other candidates? Are you married?   View Answer
    They are really cheap on relocation.

Lab Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Fairly relaxed interview. Once accepted, however, obtaining clearance from occupational health was a pain in the butt (blood tests, then waiting, then getting vaccination boosters, then waiting again, tb test, waiting, getting test read). It took about a month to get me cleared to work.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any issues working with human bodily fluids and feces?   Answer Question

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in April 2013.

Quick interviewing and decision making. Came in one day and was hired the next.

easy

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in October 2012.

Applied online and then received an email from the executive assistant to the Vice President. Was asked in for a Panel Interview with all of the other Directors in the Department.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you thought outside of the box in regards to cost-savings for planning a big event   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in April 2012.

The process for interviewing really depends on which department, center, or institute you talk with. Some are very formal, others are totally informal and can be very impromptu. Expect a very long time for the entire process to be completed. Also, the HR department filters out many of the CVs that are submitted online, so if you never hear back it could be that the CV was not forwarded to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There were no behavioral questions, but again, every group is different.   Answer Question
    Salary is usually pretty hard to negotiate at Hopkins, they know they pay less than industry and that their name brand recognition makes up for it.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in September 2011.

submitted application online, was emailed briefly about coming out for an interview, discussed my previous experiences and what I hoped to achieve in the future and what i would like to get out of the job, what my availability was, the pay was shown to me upfront and was decent, and the interviewer was the PI himself.

Interview Questions
    • what i hoped to be in the future, which i didn't know yet for myself   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in June 2011.

The interview was very informal. The PI had a general conversation about my previous work, and what I expected of my new job. The focus of the interview however was more on how they couldn't offer as much as I deserved. Very few technical questions were asked, however I did get to see the lab so I got a feel of whether I liked the kind of work they did.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were asked about my personal life, that aimed at relocation of my family etc.   Answer Question

Pay wasn't competitive.

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in October 2009.

Initial phone interview, then in-person interview.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in February 2009.

Six hours of presentations and technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to leave the previous employer.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in January 2009.

Interview process for getting into the graduate school is moderate, not stressing you out.

Interview Questions
    Smooth and open to questions.