Johns Hopkins Medicine Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

Research Program Assistant II Interview

Interview

The interviewer was very personable and made it easy to feel like the department was a great place to grow. The position was entry-level but came with an array of opportunities for growth.

Nurse Clinician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I interviewed with the unit manager. A very general conversation, then shadowed for 2 hours with a staff nurse. I had an interview with 2 different units, so I was there for about 6 hours. Both interviews were veryblaid back and I was offered a position on both units. I did like shadowing on the units. It gave me a since of where I would like to be.

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

Interview with direct staff in unit. Converses with director of hospital then HR for further review. Interview process was average and a great opportunity. You were able to learn about the job position fully.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have   1 Answer

Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for a personal interview. I felt very comfortable during the interview. The interview questions were very direct with the focus of past performance.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had a hard time with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The hiring manager gets the sheet from HR and will only ask the question from it. Be prepared to tell about the time when you had to.... etc
    Takes a while to hear back once you're done with all of your interviews.

Interview Questions

• tell about the time when you had to learn new software   1 Answer

Web Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

Johns Hopkins Medecine is notorious for a slow, cumbersome, multitiered, and disjointed interview process in which various departments such as OccHealth, HR, and management do not always receive the necessary documentation to allow for a smooth and efficient hiring process. They also tend to place applicants through marathon interview session with multiple employees without comprehensively explaining each individual's role and how he/she may or MAY NOT interact with the new hire on any given day. I know that I interviewed with a number of people for whom I never directly worked with or for.

All that being said, while unwieldy, slow, and sometimes confusing, everyone that I interviewed with was kind, candid, insightful, and clearly interested (eventually invested) in my success.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think are the leading thinkers/experts on Web content development? The   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted what they offered as I considered it fair. It was clear that there was little room for negotiation.

Compensation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

Applied online, called in for two interviews on same day- with team and sr director. it was a fast process, they interviewed other candidates in the same week and made a pretty quick decision. Called me to make an offer base don what they could offer monetarily...the process of onboarding once you receive an offer however is very long and can take at least a month.

Negotiation

very straightforwad on what they could offer based on the rest of the teams salary

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in May 2014.

Interview

I received an initial contact just a few days after my application submission. I was to come in for assessment testings which included mostly grammar and a few basic mathematical questions. You had to answer as many as you could within the amount of time designated on the computer. I then had my initial interview with an HR representative who asked be the basic questions, explained the position to me, told me a little history about the organization and gave me favorable feedback that I would be recommended for a second interview.

I attended the second interview with three attorneys from the department . They each had a list of questions they asked me. The questions were typical. Scenario questions, strengths and weaknesses, and why I am looking for a new position. It did seem a bit overwhelming because each attorney did have a long list of questions I had to answer and was somewhat overlapping.

After the interview I was told It I should hear back in a few weeks, however, I did not hear back from them and in fact you have to go online to determine what your status is.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was finding words to express your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

You need to apply online, 3 recommendation letters. ps, cv and other materials. After you pass the first round, you need a campus visit. you need 3 round interviews with the professors. It is more like nice conversations and do not be nervous. They prepare nice hotels and food, so enjoy the compus visit. Then you have to wait for about 2-3 weeks for the final result. Good luck!

Financial Residency Intern Interview

Interview

There is only one round of interview facing two interviewer at the same time, one is assistant administrative and one is a senior financial analyst, the most of the question are straightforward and some are technical, but the interviewer are definitely friendly and considerate. They are looking for candidates that are hardworking, smart, not aggressive, team player and eager to learn.