Johns Hopkins Medicine

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

3.1

Web Content Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Johns Hopkins Medecine is notorious for a slow, cumbersome, multitiered, and disjointed interview process in which various departments such as OccHealth, HR, and management do not always receive the necessary documentation to allow for a smooth and efficient hiring process. They also tend to place applicants through marathon interview session with multiple employees without comprehensively explaining each individual's role and how he/she may or MAY NOT interact with the new hire on any given day. I know that I interviewed with a number of people for whom I never directly worked with or for.

All that being said, while unwieldy, slow, and sometimes confusing, everyone that I interviewed with was kind, candid, insightful, and clearly interested (eventually invested) in my success.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you think are the leading thinkers/experts on Web content development? The   View Answer
    I accepted what they offered as I considered it fair. It was clear that there was little room for negotiation.

Compensation Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Applied online, called in for two interviews on same day- with team and sr director. it was a fast process, they interviewed other candidates in the same week and made a pretty quick decision. Called me to make an offer base don what they could offer monetarily...the process of onboarding once you receive an offer however is very long and can take at least a month.

very straightforwad on what they could offer based on the rest of the teams salary

Legal Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in May 2014.

I received an initial contact just a few days after my application submission. I was to come in for assessment testings which included mostly grammar and a few basic mathematical questions. You had to answer as many as you could within the amount of time designated on the computer. I then had my initial interview with an HR representative who asked be the basic questions, explained the position to me, told me a little history about the organization and gave me favorable feedback that I would be recommended for a second interview.

I attended the second interview with three attorneys from the department . They each had a list of questions they asked me. The questions were typical. Scenario questions, strengths and weaknesses, and why I am looking for a new position. It did seem a bit overwhelming because each attorney did have a long list of questions I had to answer and was somewhat overlapping.

After the interview I was told It I should hear back in a few weeks, however, I did not hear back from them and in fact you have to go online to determine what your status is.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was finding words to express your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

You need to apply online, 3 recommendation letters. ps, cv and other materials. After you pass the first round, you need a campus visit. you need 3 round interviews with the professors. It is more like nice conversations and do not be nervous. They prepare nice hotels and food, so enjoy the compus visit. Then you have to wait for about 2-3 weeks for the final result. Good luck!

Financial Residency Intern Interview

There is only one round of interview facing two interviewer at the same time, one is assistant administrative and one is a senior financial analyst, the most of the question are straightforward and some are technical, but the interviewer are definitely friendly and considerate. They are looking for candidates that are hardworking, smart, not aggressive, team player and eager to learn.

Graduate Student Interview

Hiring process was straight forward. I had five people interview me. It was great. Straight questions about research. BOOM. Prepared well for it.

Interview Questions
    • Why Johns Hopkins. You know Harvard Med is no. 1 !   View Answer

Administrative Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Communication with the hiring manager was excellent. First, a phone interview with several people, standard questions, about 30 minutes total. Then, an in person interview with the managers of several departments, but I went one at a time, so had 3 half hour interviews back to back to back, which was tiring.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because the offer was more than I wanted/expected.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in January 2014.

The interview consists of phone interviews, and an in-person interview. The interview schedule was packed in 1/2 hour slots for 1:1 and group interviews. There was even an interview over lunch. There is a full drug screen and physical with Measles, Mumps, Rubella & Varicella Vaccine. TB check also.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over other candidates? Are you married?   View Answer
    They are really cheap on relocation.

Lab Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Fairly relaxed interview. Once accepted, however, obtaining clearance from occupational health was a pain in the butt (blood tests, then waiting, then getting vaccination boosters, then waiting again, tb test, waiting, getting test read). It took about a month to get me cleared to work.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any issues working with human bodily fluids and feces?   Answer Question

Research Technologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in May 2013.

Learnt about the position from one of my contacts- senior student at JHU.
    Interview was straight-forward, was asked details about the specific experiments and concepts.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specific concept-based question on site-directed mutagenesis: why is Dpn I treatment used?   View Answer