Johns Hopkins University Administrative Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

First interview was just with the HR representative and included 4 computer tests, proofreading, MS Word, MS Excel, and writing. Interview questions were fairly typical for an HR interview. Was asked to come back for a second interview at the end of this one. Second interview was a week later with the Director and an employee who previously held the same position. Was a pretty casual interview. No real grilling or formal questions. More interested in my experience and how it applied to the position. Got a follow up phone call from HR a day or two later for a third interview. Third interview was a week after the second and was a group interview that involed the rest of the department, 6 employees. About 3 of the employees had a fair number of questions, others were more quiet. Some felt more formal, others more relaxed. Through the entire process, HR was good about sending confirmation emails including the names and titles of all the interview participants.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too unexpected. The HR questions were more the formal interview type. The rest were more relaxed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The HR rep asked me about salary in the beginning and they actually offered me more than I initially requested.

Other Interview Reviews for Johns Hopkins University

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application through the online system. Was called in for an interview 2 weeks later. Met first with a representative from HR and was asked a series of 'tell me about a time when...' questions as well as expectations for the role, future aspirations and salary range. Then did a skills test on the computer including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a typing test. Then met with 4 would-be supervisors in a single interview. Pleasant group of people who asked typical interview questions. The experience was a nice balance of questions and conversation. Unfortunately, did not receive an offer. The whole process was very organized and very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

To even get an interview is a huge win since there are so many applicants for every job posting. However, once you get an interview, it can take MONTHS to even hear back from anyone about the position, even if you did get the job or not. I applied for many jobs through their website and interviewed for a handful. I received two job offers from two different departments: one department gave me a phone interview, then a face to face with two different people, and then two months later I received a job offer. The other department gave me a face to face interview with two people at the same time and then a second interview three weeks later and verbally told me I had the job, but I never received anything written from them and I accepted a position with another company. I still have not heard from them and it's been almost a year.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your workload?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Human Resources person I was supposed to meet was out sick, and her substitute seemed ill-prepared to handle my appointment. Short skills test in MS Office applications was exactly as described to me ahead of time, and was no problem.

Interview Questions

• It was very hard to find out anything ahead of time about the exact job I would be interviewing for -- turned to be not a good fit.   Answer Question

The department was not a good fit for me -- there was going to be a lot of overtime and irregular work hours on a seasonal basis, with heavier duties in the summer and no ability to take vacation during summer months (when my children are out of school).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied through company's website. Interviews were relaxed and only one person (out of 3) had specific questions. It was relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotations. Salary is take it or leave it.