Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

www.jhuapl.edu
  www.jhuapl.edu

Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Interview Questions in Columbia, MD

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in February 2012.

I applied to APL through the Johns Hopkins advance scholars program. About two months after I applied I was contacted by a department supervisor. He "interviewed" me. It was more of him describing the project that he was working on that I might be able to help out with. He told me that he wanted to hire an intern if he was able to get enough funding. The next week I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that my interviewer / eventual boss did not want to know more abou tme.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - salary based on amount of experience/ year in school.

Associate Professional Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in November 2008.

Had to give a technical presentation, which resulted in a lot of hard technical questions from the audience. Multiple interviews by technical staff and managers in multiple groups. Lots of the time was spent by the interviewers "selling" their group or project. In retrospect, having worked here, it became clear that those "selling" the hardest were the least desirable groups to work in, and they have trouble getting the best people. There was one interview by an HR person, who really didn't do a good job describing the work environment, and frankly asked a lot of intrusive personal questions.

Interview Questions
    • Very difficult question on the assumptions which allow the use of kalman filtering on a data stream coming from a missile.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible. Pretty much "take it or leave it."

Work at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory? Share Your Experiences

Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory