Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.8

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a recruiter. I was contacted for a phone interview. They asked tell me about yourself and why do you think you are qualified for the position. Then I had an in-person interview with the senior recruiter. I was referred to a full panel interview in Baltimore. They said they would call me about next steps within a week.

Interview Questions

• In less than 5 minutes tell us about your background and how it led you here today.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I was originally supposed to meet with 2 people for the interview; on the day of the interview, one of them was out sick. I met with the head of the department, but the questions asked were very vague. I enjoyed the interview though and thought it went well. I was told I would hear from someone to reschedule the meeting with the sick individual, but never heard back. A week later, I received a thanks, but no thanks email. Looking back, it sounds like they already had an individual in mind for the position, but were doing due diligence in interviewing others, who never even had a chance for the job.

Senior Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

the hiring process includes 2 steps, first, you need to interview with HR, this step includes behavioral questions, about an hour long. then you will meet with your future employer, regarding the specialty knowledge, about one hour as well. Some people got another chance to meet with the employer again or the future team member as well.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation that you solved a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews were required beginning with an informal phone interview. After that I had a preliminary in person interview, and then moved on to a final interview where I met with multiple team members and got a real feel for the company.Overall it allowed me to get a good sense of how the office was run and to let me get a good idea of who I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in working for Johns Hopkins University?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

To even get an interview is a huge win since there are so many applicants for every job posting. However, once you get an interview, it can take MONTHS to even hear back from anyone about the position, even if you did get the job or not. I applied for many jobs through their website and interviewed for a handful. I received two job offers from two different departments: one department gave me a phone interview, then a face to face with two different people, and then two months later I received a job offer. The other department gave me a face to face interview with two people at the same time and then a second interview three weeks later and verbally told me I had the job, but I never received anything written from them and I accepted a position with another company. I still have not heard from them and it's been almost a year.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your workload?   1 Answer

Academic Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

There was a very brief interview, followed by a very extensive background screening that took quite a bit of time. There wasn't a clear organized structure for the interview. I arrived expecting to meet with one person who turned out, was not involved in the interview process.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I was referred by my boss from my previous postdoctoral position in Johns Hopkins University. I was invited to come and talk to my potential employer, and Research Associate from the same lab and present my previous research on the lab meeting. Everything went smoothly and I got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - mostly about my research and skills and future plans.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Program Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

I did a phone screen. I received and email a week later to do a face to face interview with the P.I., Research Program Manager, and Research Program Coordinator. I had the interview and I sent a thank you email. They told me that the would check my references. Two weeks later I was offered the job.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview spans two days. There will be 5-10 other candidates interviewing with you. You will meet one-on-one with 5-8 professors, mostly of your own choosing (arranged by the department administrator beforehand via email). They will ask about your education, research experience, career goals and other interests. You will have dinner at a professor's home with some of the other candidates. Not only do they want to make sure that you are intelligent and hardworking, but also that you get along with people and carry an interesting conversation. During lunches and a poster session there will be many opportunities to interact with the graduate students who are already in the program. They will also be making note of whether or not you are asking good questions and if you seem like someone they would like to work with. Be sure to ask graduate students about what they like/don't like about the school and/or the professors they work with.

Interview Questions

• What are your career plans? What kind of research are you interested in? Why did you get a "C" in that undergrad chemistry class?   Answer Question

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial communication by email to set up interview. I applied to position 3 weeks before. The interview was relaxed but manager told me she has a bunch of interviews set up. Did not ask me any questions about my previous experience. She did say I was overqualified immediately. I then met with the laboratory manager who told me she had been working for the company for 25 yrs and I will not take her job.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected was Why do you want this job you cant have mine so why.   Answer Question